Pretend chat 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

pugsandkids

10 Year Member!
I have an 11 year old pug with a wonky back end. She wears diapers but they don't catch the solids. Usually we are okay but she's had an upset tummy lately...I figure it's just expediting the wood floors I want!

I saw my Dr today for a weird bug bite and the reaction I've had for the last week. Nope, I've got Shingles! Ugh...
Off work to pick up an Rx for the pain and research immune builders.

Any one ever have a kiddo play sports in college? I need a brain to pick.

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
A Land Far Away...
My son played college football, but at a state college not a big one.

pugsandkids

10 Year Member!
Jacqui said:

Was he recruited? Did he walk on? Did his HS coach have to do anything?

Here's the scenario: Ethann plays keeper (soccer). He works hard, and trains with my hubby who played keeper semipro when he was younger. High school coach plays Ethann second string. E has been so frustrated by the whole thing he wasn't really interested in playing in college, but he loves the game. In the last few months, at tournaments and camps, Es been getting high praise from other coaches. Every year the HS team has a pro coach from the Bay Area run a week long camp. This coach was very impressed with Es play, seeking out hubby and I to let us know, that E could easily play for a D-3, D-2, or even a D-1 college. His HS coach was right there, overheard the convo and walked away SHAKING HIS HEAD!

As the whole college thing is still new to me, the athletic portion is a whole new thing. I have no idea how to proceed without coaches support.

Any tips or just stories of how it works would be awesome :)

sibi

10 Year Member!
Florida, USA
First of all I'm not criticizing the the mods or the members. Let's get that straight from the start. Seco d, I think you missed my point. In case I didn't make it clear enough, I was simply observing that there are very few members on late and that there are no mods on that late at night. Your response sounds like I'm blaming someone when what I was doing was making aware that the situation exist. That's all. I'm sorry if you felt I was criticizing you or the members.
jaizei said:
sibi said:
I've noticed that this forum seems to have been created to accommodate mainly the mid-west and western states. Don't know if it's because it started in California or some other reason, but when someone on the east coast posts after 9 p.m. (pacific time) very few posts are answered and when it gets even later, we don't even have moderators. Why is that? Jacqui, do you know? We have people from Europe and Asia as members who get on when most from the US are sleeping. Shouldn't we make accommodations for those members too? This would make me very happy because i often get on late at night and i don't get too many people on at those hours.

I am curious as to what accommodations you think could be made. I don't know that there's a way to entice people to post at a particular time.

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
pugsandkids said:
Jacqui said:

Was he recruited? Did he walk on? Did his HS coach have to do anything?

Here's the scenario: Ethann plays keeper (soccer). He works hard, and trains with my hubby who played keeper semipro when he was younger. High school coach plays Ethann second string. E has been so frustrated by the whole thing he wasn't really interested in playing in college, but he loves the game. In the last few months, at tournaments and camps, Es been getting high praise from other coaches. Every year the HS team has a pro coach from the Bay Area run a week long camp. This coach was very impressed with Es play, seeking out hubby and I to let us know, that E could easily play for a D-3, D-2, or even a D-1 college. His HS coach was right there, overheard the convo and walked away SHAKING HIS HEAD!

As the whole college thing is still new to me, the athletic portion is a whole new thing. I have no idea how to proceed without coaches support.

Any tips or just stories of how it works would be awesome :)

Josh never really played football until HS. Then he really was serious about it and did the weight training program to a T. Sadly he got my sports ability.... which is to say none. :( Josh did become very strong. He did a walk on for college. He never made first string, but worked his heart out. He finally realized after two years that he was never going to be a first string player no matter how much work he put in to it and stopped last year to focus more on his grades (he always makes Dean's list).

If he has a college picked out, he needs to talk to their coaches and find out how he needs to do a walk on. Just take his HS coach out of the picture.

jaizei

Unknown Member
10 Year Member!
Earth
sibi said:
First of all I'm not criticizing the the mods or the members. Let's get that straight from the start. Seco d, I think you missed my point. In case I didn't make it clear enough, I was simply observing that there are very few members on late and that there are no mods on that late at night. Your response sounds like I'm blaming someone when what I was doing was making aware that the situation exist. That's all. I'm sorry if you felt I was criticizing you or the members.
jaizei said:
sibi said:
I've noticed that this forum seems to have been created to accommodate mainly the mid-west and western states. Don't know if it's because it started in California or some other reason, but when someone on the east coast posts after 9 p.m. (pacific time) very few posts are answered and when it gets even later, we don't even have moderators. Why is that? Jacqui, do you know? We have people from Europe and Asia as members who get on when most from the US are sleeping. Shouldn't we make accommodations for those members too? This would make me very happy because i often get on late at night and i don't get too many people on at those hours.

I am curious as to what accommodations you think could be made. I don't know that there's a way to entice people to post at a particular time.

I can assure you that I did not miss your point. Your post implied that there is a deficiency in the forum. I was asking what solution you might propose for this 'situation' you have observed.

People come to the forum when it is convenient for them, middle of the night in the US will always be a 'dead' time for a US based message board. There is little to nothing that can be done to change this.

sibi

10 Year Member!
Florida, USA
I think Jacqui answered my concerns best. There are no mods in the UK or Asia at the time. It was something I asked HER to answer. I don't understand why you have to be so defensive when it simply was an observation that I was making. I get that people at late times may be a dead zone in the US, but I think you would be surprised how many people are up late and how many would be online if they knew there would be others to talk to. Anyhow, it's a moot point with you because according to you nothing can be done about it. That's not the answer Jacqui gave me. So, why don't we just end this chat because it's not productive or friendly.

quote='jaizei' pid='724451' dateline='1376952968']
sibi said:
jaizei said:
sibi said:

I can assure you that I did not miss your point. Your post implied that there is a deficiency in the forum. I was asking what solution you might propose for this 'situation' you have observed.

People come to the forum when it is convenient for them, middle of the night in the US will always be a 'dead' time for a US based message board. There is little to nothing that can be done to change this.
[/quote]

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Did I tell you all we finally had a sunny day? Too bad it was also a tad warm. I guess I need to come back from this mini vacation (staying home and only doing the "have to things" like feeding and watering critters) I am taking and start getting some work done, huh?

Sibi how's the thumb?
Erin are things getting more back to normal at home?
Kim what was supper?
KerryAnn everything good at work?

... and the rest of you what's up?

Did you all see the photo contest for the month with the theme being TFO's birthday????

Kerryann said:
My schnauzer Ozzie sometimes pees inside

Me too, usually.. :rolleyes:

Kerryann

5 Year Member
West Bloomfield MI
Happy Monday night everyone. I had a horribly stressful day. I think I need to take like five sleep pills and two benadryls but usually when I do that my one site goes down and my client calls me and needs me to push through. :D

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Kerryann said:
Happy Monday night everyone. I had a horribly stressful day. I think I need to take like five sleep pills and two benadryls but usually when I do that my one site goes down and my client calls me and needs me to push through. :D

How about a warm bubble bath, candles flickering and dancing, a soft background music playing and a cold glass of your favorite wine?

Kerryann

5 Year Member
West Bloomfield MI
Jacqui said:
Kerryann said:

How about a warm bubble bath, candles flickering and dancing, a soft background music playing and a cold glass of your favorite wine?

I'd love that but its too late now. Henry and Betty actually had a warm bath tonight with a bite of yummy watermelon. :D I would however like a hard cider. ;)

How was your day Jacqui? Hopefully less hair raising than mine.

The good news is that with my stress level I am losing weight very quickly. Woo hoo.

Grandpa Turtle 144

5 Year Member
Sibi I used be reading replies to the TfO but everybody seamed to be sleeping and late night on Saturday and Sunday nights I'm on here I enjoy reading the texts at late nights because I work late nights . But mon - Tuesday - and Wednesday I'm off sovi go to bed late night

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
My day was okay, ran the neighbor to a few places and then have spent the afternoon/evening watching "Monk" on Netflix. I just have had no ambition this last week to do anything. :(

Stress makes me eat. :(

sibi

10 Year Member!
Florida, USA
Hey Jacqui, I think my thumb looks worse than it really is. I mean, I took pics as I was in the ER three times, and each time, I took pics of what my thumb looked like in case someone didn't believe this green thumb I had (literally). Then, when I had the surgery, I took a pic of before and after. The after is bloody and skin looks like it's missing in parts. But, the pain is minor. I can even bend it a little. The thumb is still swollen, but now I know it can bend. My whole attitude changed. I think I'll stick around a bit longer. This way when someone perturbs me I can be my old self again:p

You see, I think people who don't know me can understand when I say things, it's not mean spirited. So they say something that is mean spirited, and well, you know how I can be after that.

Kerryann, you try and get some sleep. I wish you wouldn't get so stressed out with your customers. But if you're losing weight, just stress for a week and then take a break from stress.

I meant to address this earlier Sarah, but I got a little distracted...your shingles, it terrible! I had chicken pox as a girl and I'm just waiting for one of those mosquitos to turn their bite into shingles. When I got the measles, I swear it was a mosquito bite at first. I was thi king of getting a vaccine for shingles, but I'm so afraid that I'll really get a bad case of it then. I thi k I'll talk to my doctor when I see her next time.

So Kim, what delish dish did you make today?

Now that's a positive response! I like that. Sure, we can catch up on the nights that America is aleep:p
Grandpa Turtle 144 said:
Sibi I used be reading replies to the TfO but everybody seamed to be sleeping and late night on Saturday and Sunday nights I'm on here I enjoy reading the texts at late nights because I work late nights . But mon - Tuesday - and Wednesday I'm off sovi go to bed late night

RosieRedfoot

5 Year Member
Columbia, SC
Had freezer leftovers of BBQ beans and pulled pork (all homemade) and then made some freshly fried hush puppies with honey butter.

pugsandkids

10 Year Member!
I'm all for you getting the vaccine Sibi! I woke up last Tuesday thinking "Wow, something nasty bit me" My hip felt like someone had punched it. Throughout the week a burning has spread from my hip, down into my glute and upper thigh. It hurts to have pants rub on the skin there. Finally I thought I should go make sure I didn't have a weird case of Lyme disease...think now I wish it was a spider.

Dinner, polish sausage, potatoes, Mac and cheese, applesauce. Thats for the men. I'll have to find something for me...

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
RosieRedfoot said:
Had freezer leftovers of BBQ beans and pulled pork (all homemade) and then made some freshly fried hush puppies with honey butter.

I think that's the best sounding meal of your week!

Kerryann

5 Year Member
West Bloomfield MI
Jacqui said:
My day was okay, ran the neighbor to a few places and then have spent the afternoon/evening watching "Monk" on Netflix. I just have had no ambition this last week to do anything. :(

Stress makes me eat. :(

sibi said:
Hey Jacqui, I think my thumb looks worse than it really is. I mean, I took pics as I was in the ER three times, and each time, I took pics of what my thumb looked like in case someone didn't believe this green thumb I had (literally). Then, when I had the surgery, I took a pic of before and after. The after is bloody and skin looks like it's missing in parts. But, the pain is minor. I can even bend it a little. The thumb is still swollen, but now I know it can bend. My whole attitude changed. I think I'll stick around a bit longer. This way when someone perturbs me I can be my old self again:p

You see, I think people who don't know me can understand when I say things, it's not mean spirited. So they say something that is mean spirited, and well, you know how I can be after that.

Kerryann, you try and get some sleep. I wish you wouldn't get so stressed out with your customers. But if you're losing weight, just stress for a week and then take a break from stress.

I meant to address this earlier Sarah, but I got a little distracted...your shingles, it terrible! I had chicken pox as a girl and I'm just waiting for one of those mosquitos to turn their bite into shingles. When I got the measles, I swear it was a mosquito bite at first. I was thi king of getting a vaccine for shingles, but I'm so afraid that I'll really get a bad case of it then. I thi k I'll talk to my doctor when I see her next time.

So Kim, what delish dish did you make today?

Now that's a positive response! I like that. Sure, we can catch up on the nights that America is aleep:p
Grandpa Turtle 144 said:

I have been worrying about your thumb. It sounds like it may be healing but looking worse?

Jacqui I used to be like that. Stress made me eat too. I don't know what happened but after I lost my weight (I wonder sometimes if it had to do with insulin levels or something?? because I used to always be prediabetic before I changed my diet??) Anyway after I lost my weight when I get stressed I can't eat at all. I can go a long time and then all of a sudden I get starving hungry and need to eat something. :D Mike is a sweety though.. he stuffs foods down my mouth hole if I go too long and knocks me out if I don't sleep for a while (not with his fists :p).

Grandpa
I have issues sleeping too and sometimes check the forum in the middle of the night but I Have had more restless nights than actual insomnia. It sounds weird. One is like no sleep and one is pseudosleep.

Oh I love the new show Ray Donovan. It's pretty rough in language and violence but it's awesome if you are into that.

Status
Not open for further replies.