Pretend chat 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

RosieRedfoot

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Columbia, SC
I'll write out "Don't tread on me" in the cashews for extra luck, haha. Either that or the butter and sugar will win them over.

pugsandkids

10 Year Member!
Well, I took the meds Rx'd for the Shingles pain night before last. Yesterday I was a zombie, so tired! Luckily my Dr is out this week so I could skate. Its not going to work as an everyday treatment though. Today I have a Dr so I'm just going to lump it. I'm not super excited about this new adventure, I think my next step is an OTC topical cream that might help.
Gotta get E all set for Senior pictures, this year is going to fly!

RosieRedfoot

5 Year Member
Columbia, SC
I'd share cookies and cheesecake with all of you. Or should I say all y'all?

Someone keeps posting classifieds for needing to rehome degus. Degus are kind of like a gerbil chinchilla hybrid and I've had them before. This person is keeping both of them in a ten gallon tank and one is male, one female. My bf goes, but you don't need more pets! I responded... But they may end up in a horrible home being bred for cash kept in a tiny cage. :(

Kerryann

5 Year Member
West Bloomfield MI
I came home tonight and was walking up the sidewalk towards the house and I was like what's that stick. It was a big gardener snake and it scared me when it slithered away. I felt so bad. I scared it as much as it scared me. I think he lives in my downspout. I have been wondering where my outdoor pet toad was hiding. Now I think he may be hiding in mr snake friends stomach.

The toad is no longer mia. Mike found him tonight. He wants to rehome the snake

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Kingman, Arizona
Garter snakes are a gardeners best friend. They occasionally eat a frog, but more often prefer slugs. Toads have toxic glands near the ear hole, so they're avoided. Keep the snake. Flip over a planter saucer and prop it up a little bit in the shade for MR. Snake.

sibi

10 Year Member!
Florida, USA
But if she did that, Cowboy, she may harboring a rattler:p. Kim, I want you to make me one of those carmel cashew cheesecake. I'll pay for next day delivery and ice packaging. You are driving me nuts with your homemade foods:p:p:p

RosieRedfoot

5 Year Member
Columbia, SC
Haha sorry.

I had the rudest lady at work. She came through my check out lane and was rude and later came back in to customer service to claim she didn't get one of her bags. They and I looked around and were like, we're sorry but we can't find it. Then she claimed I "hid it" with other bags to steal it and gave her an empty bag. So at this point our security dude is involved and he goes to view the security tapes. Lo and behold I am on record ringing up her two shirts (3 sizes too small for me too), putting them in one bag with the receipt, and handing her the bag. She then is on video seen walking out of the store with it in hand. What compels people to be such nasty liars? I mean, I still am shocked someone would go to such lengths to accuse me of stealing and losing my job (if it weren't on tape otherwise) just to get what, a second free $5 clearance shirt? The security guy was like, sorry you lost your bag but once you've paid for it and left those doors it isn't our responsibility to keep track of it for you. She gave me a death glare like I put him up to it and huffed off. Crazy *expletive deleted* lady....

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Kingman, Arizona
I often find that type of person isn't deliberately lying, but is truly experiencing a very real, uncontrolled, chemical imbalance of the brain and is just trying to make sense of an unexplained and scary, (for them) reality. I mean really, think how hard life would be if you thought everyone was staring at you and/or out to get you.
I'm used to people staring at me because of how amazing I am, but I understand how that could be hard on someone who isn't as amazing.

Kerryann

5 Year Member
West Bloomfield MI
Ugh I woke up to an email where one of my long distance employees was being rude to one of my off shore employees. Why do the days have to start like this?

RosieRedfoot

5 Year Member
Columbia, SC
Is it a full moon? People are being ruder and crazier than normal it seems...

I don't think she was paranoid, I think she was a stuck up snob who throws tantrums to get what she wants for kicks.

pugsandkids

10 Year Member!
Good morning all!
Shingles bite...

But it's one day closer to the weekend ;)
I'm taking my youngest son to try out for an Olympic Development soccer team. (ODP) on Saturday, should be interesting.

RosieRedfoot

5 Year Member
Columbia, SC
Yay weekend! I actually get Friday and Saturday off :)

As for the house situation, my bf is in the process of getting qualified for a 3% downpayment loan through a local credit union that's helping out first time buyers. There will still be pmi but my bf gets several large bonuses/raise in the beginning of next year around late January. It's the only house we've seen so far that we both liked, was in an area we liked, and a good commute time.

Kerryann

5 Year Member
West Bloomfield MI
Cowboy_Ken said:
Garter snakes are a gardeners best friend. They occasionally eat a frog, but more often prefer slugs. Toads have toxic glands near the ear hole, so they're avoided. Keep the snake. Flip over a planter saucer and prop it up a little bit in the shade for MR. Snake.

He is hiding under the bush or in the downspout. I could do that for him though. I am so excited he wont eat toad.

RosieRedfoot said:
Haha sorry.

I had the rudest lady at work. She came through my check out lane and was rude and later came back in to customer service to claim she didn't get one of her bags. They and I looked around and were like, we're sorry but we can't find it. Then she claimed I "hid it" with other bags to steal it and gave her an empty bag. So at this point our security dude is involved and he goes to view the security tapes. Lo and behold I am on record ringing up her two shirts (3 sizes too small for me too), putting them in one bag with the receipt, and handing her the bag. She then is on video seen walking out of the store with it in hand. What compels people to be such nasty liars? I mean, I still am shocked someone would go to such lengths to accuse me of stealing and losing my job (if it weren't on tape otherwise) just to get what, a second free $5 clearance shirt? The security guy was like, sorry you lost your bag but once you've paid for it and left those doors it isn't our responsibility to keep track of it for you. She gave me a death glare like I put him up to it and huffed off. Crazy *expletive deleted* lady....

I can't believe people like that. :(

RosieRedfoot said:
Is it a full moon? People are being ruder and crazier than normal it seems...

I don't think she was paranoid, I think she was a stuck up snob who throws tantrums to get what she wants for kicks.

I think she is one of those people who maybe thinks they deserve to get free stuff.

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Kingman, Arizona
Heads up all!!! A Cowboy Ken PSA to follow;

Airing tonight on the SyFy channel is none other than the highly acclaimed movie, “Sharknato". Check your local listings for times.

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Cowboy_Ken said:
Heads up all!!! A Cowboy Ken PSA to follow;

Airing tonight on the SyFy channel is none other than the highly acclaimed movie, “Sharknato". Check your local listings for times.

hmmm "highly acclaimed"?

Status
Not open for further replies.