NARBC Arlington, TX Feb 12-13

Status
Not open for further replies.

exoticsdr

5 Year Member
Today is my birthday!
Location (City and/or State)
Southeast Texas
My wife will be attending some Continuing Educations classes in the area and I decided to tag along to go look at the reptiles. Anyone else planning on attending on Saturday?

matt41gb

5 Year Member
Arlington TX.
I'm planning on going. Since I work for a veterinarian, you know that I have to work Saturdays, ha! I actually live, and work in Arlington. We should meet up.

-Matt

TylerStewart

10 Year Member!
Las Vegas, NV.
Is that the biggest (most attended) show in TX? I'd like to vend at a TX show maybe once a year, but to help justify all the costs of going, I'd need to pick the best one. February isn't a great time for my availability, but I'm curious what the "hot TX show" would be. The NARBC is a big show as far as vendors showing up, but really their attendance on the West coast (Anaheim) isn't very impressive.

matt41gb

5 Year Member
Arlington TX.
I go every year and it's packed out. I'm not sure if there is another one in Texas, or not. There may be one in Houston. It would be cool to meet you.

-Matt

Cameron

10 Year Member!
Oklahoma
i hope to go, but i have a new job and my schedule is a little crazy. so who knows. it's a decent show, nothing like the big ones in FLA or the MARS, but it's worth going to, i think. i vended it last year with the Oklahoma Invert Society and there were a lot of people in attendance.

muddoc

5 Year Member
South Louisiana
TylerStewart said:
Is that the biggest (most attended) show in TX? I'd like to vend at a TX show maybe once a year, but to help justify all the costs of going, I'd need to pick the best one. February isn't a great time for my availability, but I'm curious what the "hot TX show" would be. The NARBC is a big show as far as vendors showing up, but really their attendance on the West coast (Anaheim) isn't very impressive.

Tyler,
We have been vending at this show since it's inception. It has been a very good show, and is a close second to the NARBC Tinley Park show. Attendance has always been very good, and is my second biggest grossing show that I vend (second to NARBC Tinley Park). It is a very good show, and one I would recommend vending at if you have the opportunity.

TylerStewart

10 Year Member!
Las Vegas, NV.
I just wish it was in the late summer.... January and February are my two worst months for availability (Christmas wipes me out, and nothing's hatching much until February, with most being April-May). I think the snake guys have the same problem with winter shows and a lack of availability. I'm trying to get to the Chicago show in 2011. I did it in 2006 and it wasn't great (with chameleons), but I think it'd be a little better with torts. I gotta decide if I go alone to these fly-in shows or if it's worth bringing help.... We have always driven to them. I'd like to try a TX show this year or next, just need to find a good one in a decent season for me.

TylerStewart

10 Year Member!
Las Vegas, NV.
Looks like we're headed to the Arlington show after all. Make sure you stop by and introduce yourselves if you're there!

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Take lots of pictures to share with us.

jwhite

5 Year Member
west milwaukee,wi
Tyler you should come to Tinley it needs more tortoises. And if you need help I would bet that there a few of us here on TFO that wouldn't mind helping out.

Jon

TylerStewart

10 Year Member!
Las Vegas, NV.
jwhite said:
Tyler you should come to Tinley it needs more tortoises. And if you need help I would bet that there a few of us here on TFO that wouldn't mind helping out.

Jon

We currently plan to.... It's all gotta make sense money-wise is the problem, and the further they are, the harder it is to make sense going. We will be in over $2,000 for the Texas show with just the booth cost, hotel and gas. I don't expect TX to be a great show, but if it is, we'll be there every year, and this will be the guinea pig test for it, I guess! We are bringing more supplies (tons of lights, 15-20 Kane heat mats, fixtures, 100+ pounds of cactus, 300+ pounds of Mazuri, supplements) than we've ever taken to a show, so we aren't slacking on effort. The tortoise availability is still a little less than I wish we had with everything just starting to hatch now, but we have enough to make it a good show. Some friends of ours from Vegas are also doing the TX show (Tiki Tiki Reptiles). We were going to try to arrange to share a car, share a trailer, but as much as we both have between setup, animals, cages, and supplies, we couldn't make it work, so we are both driving to Texas, separately. Chicago I think we'll ship everything to, and fly in. We drove to it in 2006 (selling chameleons) and it wasn't worth the trip, but we'll give it another shot with tortoises.

matt41gb

5 Year Member
Arlington TX.
Tyler, I live in Arlington and I'm taking off work to be there. My wife and I will attend. Let me know if you need help with anything.

-Matt

exoticsdr

5 Year Member
Today is my birthday!
Southeast Texas
Can't wait to meet those that show up at Arlington, Tyler if you don't mind, I will check in with you and see how many of us show up.

Doc

TylerStewart

10 Year Member!
Las Vegas, NV.
That's fine by me. I'm always surprised at the So Cal shows how many people don't introduce themselves.... I think in Pomona, I met Josh again, and Tom was helping me, and I think 1 or 2 other members, and that was it. I know there's 20-30 in attendance, but none ever even say hi, and that they're from the forum. Maybe I'm too standoffish. I'll wear my Sesame Street shirt and try to smile more. Looks like we're headed down on Thursday morning.

exoticsdr

5 Year Member
Today is my birthday!
Southeast Texas
I'm not shy...haha, so will definitely introduce myself. If I can help you in any way, let me know...my wife will be in classes until 5pm on Sat so will have time on my hands....maybe some of us can get together Sat evening and go to the Stockyards for supper..might be fun.

Doc

exoticsdr

5 Year Member
Today is my birthday!
Southeast Texas
Well, attended the Arlington TX show yesterday and had a blast. Met Tyler Stewart and his lovely family and spent several hours talking with him.....great guy! Then I found Matt41gb and spent the next couple hours laughing and talking with him. Was not a day I will soon forget and feel like I've made some new friends that I look forward to keeping in touch with.

Doc

exoticsdr

5 Year Member
Today is my birthday!
Southeast Texas
hahaha......sorry, was too busy flapping my lips and forgot to take any pics, I've been know to do the same thing at family reunions, christenings, weddings, birthdays, etc...haha..We did talk fondly of you though, Yvonne.

matt41gb

5 Year Member
Arlington TX.
Dr. Todd is a hoot! One of the nicest guys that I've ever met. We really hit it off right from the start. I was going to take some pictures, but I was enjoying myself way too much. It was neat getting to meet some of the board members. Tyler is a super cool guy, he's got some great animals and products. I'm glad Dr. Todd lives relatively close to me, such a cool and smart guy.

-Matt

Status
Not open for further replies.