Its Official the 2nd Annual So CA TFO Meeting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stazz

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Awwww wish I could have been there too !!! So nice to see faces :D Robyn you are just so cute ! A good thing!
Candy your boys look just like you :) And wow they're tall. SO lovely to see the pic of all of you!

Isa

10 Year Member!
Montreal, QC, Canada
I am so happy for you, it looks like you had a lot of fun. I love the pictures, you look all so nice :D.
I really wish I could have been there! I am sure my fiance and I would have had a lot of fun with you guys :D

Candy

10 Year Member!
Alhambra, CA
Madortoise said:
Oh, it was really nice meeting everyone and putting face to the name! Abel, too, enjoyed the food and good company...nice people, you tort loving folks. His Dad who also owns DT couldn't make it this time but I'm sure they'll want to come next year.
I chucked at Candy and I having a matching jewelry of tortoise. HA! Great minds think alike! (sorry you are cut off in the pix here.)
Micheal--I came home to check the toe nails of Penelope. I think she is definitely a girl! I'll post her hindleg pix soon. Thanks for the tip.

DSC00928.jpg

xoxo,
Mado

I'm sorry Mado but I can't take credit for Robyn's great tortoise jewerly (I wish I had some). The picture is of you and Robyn not me. I did have Michael's wife take one of all the girls, but I'm going to have to have someone help me post it (since I'm not good at that yet). :D

Stazz said:
Awwww wish I could have been there too !!! So nice to see faces :D Robyn you are just so cute ! A good thing!
Candy your boys look just like you :) And wow they're tall. SO lovely to see the pic of all of you!

Thanks Stace we would have loved it too if you were there. My boys are very tall, but since mom is 5' 10" and dad is 6' 3" I guess there's no question why. :D

Madortoise

5 Year Member
I'm sorry Mado but I can't take credit for Robyn's great tortoise jewerly (I wish I had some). The picture is of you and Robyn not me. :D

OOPS! Sorry, I meant to say Robyn! Thanks for the correction, Candy. It was confusing to remember everyone by names aka nicknames on the forum LOL~
:p

Stazz

5 Year Member
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Wow Candy, I definitely understand now, your boys are destined to be tall. I'm all of 5'4 hahahaha.

Hopefully I can be there next year !!!!!!!!! We will have to see :)

jlyoncc1

10 Year Member!
NJ
Glad you guys had fun! Maybe we will have to plan an East coast version!

Crazy1

10 Year Member!
Inland Empire, CA
Dee I think that's a wonderful Idea. Then we could see all our East Coast family, and hear of your escapades :D

purpod

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Today is my birthday!
Ventura County, CA
Hiya Dee ~

Yeah, I agree with Robbie, that is an xllnt idea! It is so much fun to meet the folks, and sometimes their tort's too! I must admit to spending just as much time (if not more) with Lil' Foot than with the peeps during the 1st Meeting, lol.

Should we have been able to make it, I'm sure most everyone woulda been floored at the height of my 17 year old son, Jon. He now stands at 6'4", but even when he was 15, he was as tall as I, and I'm 5'10"!

LOL. Anyways, yeah, sure bummed I missed the 2nd meeting, but you can be sure this purpod peep will be at the 3rd Annual Meeting!

Looking forward to pictures!!
Purpod :p

Candy

10 Year Member!
Alhambra, CA
My son finally came home from his girlfriends house so here's the picture of us girls. If you click on the picture it gets bigger.
Left to right: Robyn, Candy, Dawna and Mado.

Crazy1

10 Year Member!
Inland Empire, CA
Great pic Candy. glad you got it posted. But what I want to know is why am I always the big one in the front! LOL. I thought the hefty ones were suppose to be in the back so you shinnies could hide my girth :) (think it sounded funnier in my head).

Candy

10 Year Member!
Alhambra, CA
Crazy1 said:
Great pic Candy. glad you got it posted. But what I want to know is why am I always the big one in the front! LOL. I thought the hefty ones were suppose to be in the back so you shinnies could hide my girth :) (think it sounded funnier in my head).

I thought you looked great in that picture. My son actually said that I looked like a giant compared to you guys. Nice son huh? :(

Isa

10 Year Member!
Montreal, QC, Canada
What a nice picture :).
I really love it, you are all beautiful. I know I already said it a couple of times but I really wish I could have been there to meet you.

galvinkaos

5 Year Member
Temple City, Ca
Robyn you look great. Candy you just seem taller because Robyn, Mado and I are only 5'2" to 5'3". We are vertically challenged but not too short (our feet reach the ground :p )

Dawna

purpod

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Today is my birthday!
Ventura County, CA
LOL, just take Garfields stance: "I'm not overweight, I am under tall!"

:cool: And I think the photo makes all of you look lovely ~ wonderful genuine smiles give the viewer a smile too!

Blessings,
Purpod

Madortoise

5 Year Member
Well said, Purpod and Dawna.:D
I've been 5' 2-1/2" all my life, and I always was proud of that extra 1/2" if you know what I mean. It's confirmed that the tort lovers come in all sizes and shapes!! Thanks for sharing the photo. ;)

Crazy1

10 Year Member!
Inland Empire, CA
I truly am comfortable in my skin or I wouldn't have been the one in the front. I enjoyed the time spent with new friends, and Candy I don't think your too tall nor Mado too short. I'm the 5ft 3in one and my sister is only 4'11" and she said she has always felt tall, especially around kids. Plus her clothes are cheaper she buys them in the kids department. LOL I agree Tort lovers do come in all sizes and shapes so Mado you said it well.

Status
Not open for further replies.