Chicago NARBC Show

Status
Not open for further replies.

TylerStewart

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Las Vegas, NV.
Anyone planning on being at the Chicago NARBC show in October (13-14th)? It's looking like we are going to be there with a booth, just gotta work out the logistics.

jwhite

5 Year Member
west milwaukee,wi
I am planning on being there. It will be great having more tortoises there. There aren't usually too many there.

TylerStewart

10 Year Member!
Las Vegas, NV.
We are signed up and flights are booked, so we will be there for sure. Be sure to stop by and see our makeshift booth :)

It's a little tricky to get our standard booth there, so we're coming up with a shippable booth this time. Hopefully it doesn't look too bad :)

Itort

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Iowa
Sounds like run trip time in Oct.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
wellington said:
I would like to go. Will have to see, my fall is pretty busy.

Barb! You have to make time to go meet the famous Tyler Stewart! Come on...

TylerStewart

10 Year Member!
Las Vegas, NV.
Tom said:
wellington said:
I would like to go. Will have to see, my fall is pretty busy.

Barb! You have to make time to go meet the famous Tyler Stewart! Come on...

LOL, it's Sarah that people keep asking to meet.... She's the brains of the operation. I'm just the pretty face.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Oh yes, I remember the thread a while back. Okay, I will have to find the time:D
Just kidding. I will be there though, and okay Tom, I will meet the famous Tyler Stewart. Umm, should I ask for an autograph:p:D

TylerStewart

10 Year Member!
Las Vegas, NV.
wellington said:
should I ask for an autograph:p:D

We require a $250 minimum purchase for such requests. Sorry, we just can't tie up that much time with no return on investment ;)

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
TylerStewart said:
wellington said:
should I ask for an autograph:p:D

We require a $250 minimum purchase for such requests. Sorry, we just can't tie up that much time with no return on investment ;)

LOL:p:D
I will poparazzi a picture, maybe I could sell it to a member LOL Any takers, start the bidding:p:D

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Aw nuts! Chicat is now is California. Darn.

Luckie

5 Year Member
I'm excited! I just got some seed from you guy for my two tortoises... I'm waiting on them to grow!

Candy

10 Year Member!
Alhambra, CA
Now Tyler how are you and your wife going to go to Chicago now that you have 15 children? :D I mean who is going to watch all of them for you? :p You haven't had anymore since the last time I was on here have you? Hopefully you treat your wife to a nice time there, might I suggest the Omni Hotel? It is very nice there. :)

LunaLupus

5 Year Member
I'll be there with the hubby! Hoping to pick up a sulcata there. Looking forward to seeing what everyone has to show. :D

TylerStewart

10 Year Member!
Las Vegas, NV.
Candy said:
Now Tyler how are you and your wife going to go to Chicago now that you have 15 children? :D I mean who is going to watch all of them for you? :p You haven't had anymore since the last time I was on here have you? Hopefully you treat your wife to a nice time there, might I suggest the Omni Hotel? It is very nice there. :)

We have a few girls that stay at our house and watch kids and animals while we are out of town now. It works out nicely. We pay them to babysit, but secretly leave them a short list of animal chores to do, and so far they haven't asked for more $$$ ;)

I don't remember where you left off on my kid accumulation schedule, but we have 4 boys now; 9 years old, one just turned 3, another is almost 2 and we have a 6 month old that's a month away from walking (sheesh). It's a lot of work (for Sarah) and impossible to keep the house clean, but it'll be a lot easier in a few years.

jwhite

5 Year Member
west milwaukee,wi
Tyler,

Would you be bringing older torts with you or just hatchling size? Also will you have your seed mixes with you?
See you in Nov.

TylerStewart

10 Year Member!
Las Vegas, NV.
jwhite said:
Tyler,

Would you be bringing older torts with you or just hatchling size? Also will you have your seed mixes with you?
See you in Nov.

We will have mostly babies with us. We have to ship all the tortoises there, so bringing a bunch of bigger sized ones adds considerably to the cost of doing that, and the show there is captive-bred or farmed imports only; so things like imported young adult redfoots, Russians, Greeks are off limits. I'm sure there will be some there with other vendors, a few vendors had them at their other shows after I left mine at home, but I don't plan on bringing them. The other vendors with WC 4" Russians for $100 just claimed they were CB and nobody can really prove otherwise, even though you could see pinworms in the stools in their cage at the show.... My 4" hermanns are farmed imports so I will have some of them there with me unless they sell out before then. We are pretty limited on table space there (expensive booths, so we kept it lean) and with the travel, everything is gonna be kinda ghetto compared to our normal setup. I didn't plan on bringing seed mixes, but if you remind me in an e-mail a few days before the show I can throw some in. We are pretty much going to have tortoises only, maybe some t-shirts, but no supplies.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
jwhite said:
Tyler,

See you in Nov.

The Tinley Park Show in Illinois is in October, not November.

Status
Not open for further replies.