NARBC in arlington, tx

Status
Not open for further replies.

Terry Allan Hall

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
The Republic O' Tejas
tortadise said:
Alrighty then. Just tell him Kelly sent me to you and he will probably give you a good discount. Probably around 100 bucks or less for a redfoot. He is the young skinny guy that always has a variety of everything if you go to the show.

Any chance of him having any adult or sub-adult Eastern Hermann's?

tortadise

10 Year Member!
Tropical South Texas
Not adults or sub adults. I did ask anothrt vendor to bring an adult pair back that i passed on last year. Havent heard back from them. We will see. I know there were a bunch 5-6" some guy really needed to sell last time i went. Yah never know whats gonna be there terry. I just think my buddy will only have baby hermanns this time.

Terry i just called him again he does not. I have to take some babies down for some vendors before the show so i will kinda get a sneak peak before it opens, and can post if its a yay or nay on good tort selection. So stay tuned around 10 A.M on saturday :D

clintdowns

5 Year Member
So are we not looking good on the juvie/adult female sulcatas

Tortadise. Depending on what I can find it will help make up my mind on what to do with my so called female that turned out to have a penis.

Terry Allan Hall

5 Year Member
The Republic O' Tejas
tortadise said:
Not adults or sub adults. I did ask anothrt vendor to bring an adult pair back that i passed on last year. Havent heard back from them. We will see. I know there were a bunch 5-6" some guy really needed to sell last time i went. Yah never know whats gonna be there terry. I just think my buddy will only have baby hermanns this time.

Terry i just called him again he does not. I have to take some babies down for some vendors before the show so i will kinda get a sneak peak before it opens, and can post if its a yay or nay on good tort selection. So stay tuned around 10 A.M on saturday :D

Will do, Kelly...and Thanks! :cool:

tortadise

10 Year Member!
Tropical South Texas
No problem Terry.

Clint I know my buddy will only have youngsters that i am trading to him. I do re all always seeing large sullies sometimes females and males. Expos are always a gamble. Sometimes theres a bunch of torts and good stuff and sometimes theres just nothing.

Terry Allan Hall

5 Year Member
The Republic O' Tejas
clintdowns said:
So are we not looking good on the juvie/adult female sulcatas

Tortadise. Depending on what I can find it will help make up my mind on what to do with my so called female that turned out to have a penis.

It occurs to me that one of the various sulcata rescues probably can help you out, and you can help them, at the same time!

Brendan (brendanjames), of "Scales with Tales Rescue" is one guy to check with. Likely there are others here.

samsmom

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
CedarCreekLake, Texas
scomafamily said:
samsmom said:
This will be my first and I'm so excited!!!

just be prepared for it to be crowded, and now a days people forget how to say excuse me, so be prepared for that to!

Kind of like shopping on Christmas Eve? That's my favorite time to shop so I've learned how to deal with rudness, with my Texan sweet as sugar kindness!!

Zamric

10 Year Member!
The Crystal Unicorn
It wasn't too crowded last year, But I also heard alot of people saying there wasn't much of anything besides snakes. There where ALOT of snakes and just seeing the variety of colors and patterns was amazing. I didn't go to buy anything (just pick up Eros who was purchased a couple of weeks earlier), but ended up buying a couple of calcium bars for walkingrock and stock-up on Vitashell (good prices on both!)

tortadise

10 Year Member!
Tropical South Texas
Well some torts but not too many. My friend has the most. Syars, pancake, speks, baby everything, and redfoots stoll still prowling though.

Well some torts but not too many. My friend has the most. Syars, pancake, speks, baby everything, and redfoots stoll still prowling though. Theyre are a few sub adult eastern hermanns terry

scomafamily

5 Year Member
gonzales, tx
samsmom said:
scomafamily said:
samsmom said:
This will be my first and I'm so excited!!!

just be prepared for it to be crowded, and now a days people forget how to say excuse me, so be prepared for that to!

Kind of like shopping on Christmas Eve? That's my favorite time to shop so I've learned how to deal with rudness, with my Texan sweet as sugar kindness!!

Kill em with kindness!

ra94131

5 Year Member
Colorado
I went this afternoon (Sunday) and enjoyed myself. I restocked on frozen rats for Ivan (Jungle Carpet Python) and bought a few plants I'd been looking for.

I also think I found my next big purchase. Saw a Dominican Red Mountain Boa that was beautiful. I'd never gotten to see this species before and I was very impressed. This particular vendor was (admittedly) not educated on the species, but I'm definitely going to look into putting together an enclosure and hopefully finding a good breeder. They look like an amazing species.

All in all, a good day. The NARBC rarely disappoints though, despite the Ball Python overload.

Status
Not open for further replies.