Its Official the 2nd Annual So CA TFO Meeting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crazy1

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Inland Empire, CA
dmmj, Sure there is still time. I will make the Reservations on Saturday June 6th, and am planning on making it for a couple extra seats just in case. As we stand now their is 10 with you and a guest. We would love you to be able to attend. let me know when you conferm your details. I'm with you love Itralian food, and good friends. By the way may we know your name so as not to call you dmmj at the luncheon? :)

richalisoviejo

5 Year Member
I will try to stop by Robyn but can’t promise anything. I have an agent who wants to show me some properties in the Palm Springs area this weekend.

Candy

10 Year Member!
Alhambra, CA
Crazy1 said:
dmmj, Sure there is still time. I will make the Reservations on Saturday June 6th, and am planning on making it for a couple extra seats just in case. As we stand now their is 10 with you and a guest. We would love you to be able to attend. let me know when you conferm your details. I'm with you love Itralian food, and good friends. By the way may we know your name so as not to call you dmmj at the luncheon? :)

Robyn is anyone bringing their children? I might have to bring my two boys they're 9 (going on 40) and 12 years of age. Is this a problem? Candy

Crazy1

10 Year Member!
Inland Empire, CA
In my opinion Children are never a problem. Dawna is also bringing her son Lee. Start them young to be great tort people. So can I mark you down for three?

The reservations are under the name Tortoise Forum for 1 pm, so you all know who to ask for.
I was informed that it needs to be placed on one check so be prepared with cash.
I also made sure we had a few extra seats available.
Looking forward to seeing you there.

Madortoise

5 Year Member
Hello Robyn,
My neighbor Abel and his father who owned a tort may be coming. It's one extra guest w/one more tentative in addition to myself. Would that work?

Crazy1

10 Year Member!
Inland Empire, CA
Mado we will be happy to have You, Abel and his father all attend. No problem at all. :)

Stace and Isa I wish you could attend also. :(

galvinkaos

5 Year Member
Temple City, Ca
Candy said:
Robyn is anyone bringing their children? I might have to bring my two boys they're 9 (going on 40) and 12 years of age. Is this a problem? Candy

Candy, Lee is 12. Kids are no problem. FYI there is plenty of room there, they can handle really big parties. The more the merrier. Reservations help but they will be happy to have our party grow. If you find yourself showing up do not worry about no room or crashing the party.

Dawna

Candy

10 Year Member!
Alhambra, CA
galvinkaos said:
Candy said:

Candy, Lee is 12. Kids are no problem. FYI there is plenty of room there, they can handle really big parties. The more the merrier. Reservations help but they will be happy to have our party grow. If you find yourself showing up do not worry about no room or crashing the party.

Dawna
Thanks we're pretty sure we're coming. Can't wait to meet everyone.

Crazy1

10 Year Member!
Inland Empire, CA
Thats Great Candy can't wait to meet you and the boys :) And of course those I have not met yet. :D

Crazy1

10 Year Member!
Inland Empire, CA
Ok, today is the day I've charged the camera and yes I will be there.
My daughter is Tort sitting so I can come. :D
Looking forward to seeing old friends and Meeting new ones.

Candy

10 Year Member!
Alhambra, CA
Robyn, I can see you didn't get much sleep last night. I am going to bring my camera as well. Dale's going to have to watch himself today I'll be having Italian. :D

galvinkaos

5 Year Member
Temple City, Ca
Well I can't believe I was the first attendee to post since I have been home a few hours. Robyn, Candy, her boys, Mado, Abel, Michael and his other half, my son Lee and I attended (sorry I am terrible with names. My apologies to Michael's OH and Candy's boys.) We had some really great conversations and Italian food. We talked about all of you, your torts and the forum. All good of course :p. I didn't bring a camera since I was technically working, so you guys will have to wait for the pics from Candy, Mado or Robyn. It was great to meet people and put names and people together.

Dawna

Candy

10 Year Member!
Alhambra, CA
It was a great day to have Italian! We had such a good time at Domenico's Restaurant and what great food they have. We might even have hit the lounge if we didn't have the kids with us. :D It's O.K. Dawna I'm not good with names either. My boys names are Alexander and Noah and they had fun (there were arcade games there) playing them with Dawna's son Lee. Lots of conversation and laughing and meeting new friends, it was fun. Missed you guys not being there (you know who you are), but maybe next time. We took pictures, but I told Robyn I would wait and let her post before I post any. I know that she's better at it then me anyway. Purpod we missed seeing you and Rich I hope your house hunting went well. Robyn brought a great calendar that she had gotten made at Costco of her tortoises that was very nice. Anyway we missed everyone who couldn't make it, but enjoyed visiting with the ones who did.

Crazy1

10 Year Member!
Inland Empire, CA
P6130009a.jpg

Back row starting at left is Alexander, Noah (Candy’s sons), Candy (Candy), Michael (chelonologist), Abel (Mado’s friend)
Front row starting at left is Lee (Dawna’s son) Dawna (galvinkaos), Robyn (Crazy1) and Mado (Madortoise).
Micheals wife took the pic.
And all the screen names I put in parentheses so you know who everyone is.
As Dawna and Candy have said it was a great time by all lots and lots of laughter, good food and a fun time. I especially liked the book Mado brought of her DT. and meeting new friends.

purpod

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Today is my birthday!
Ventura County, CA
Love the pic, peeps!! :cool: And yeash, I sure missed being there too.. {could you tell by my last posting... just as everyone woulda been just about there!}

Anyways, next year, it's a promise! :rolleyes: Sure missed your hugg, Robyn!
Blessings,
Purpod

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
well as you kknow I did not make it it was very last minutrte for me besides I am planning my hawaii trip just a week to go by this post. I would love to attend next year and will keep my eyes out for the post so I can make arrangements ahead of time. My name is david BTW, did someone say san diego zoo for next years meeting? have not been there in like 15 years.

Madortoise

5 Year Member
Oh, it was really nice meeting everyone and putting face to the name! Abel, too, enjoyed the food and good company...nice people, you tort loving folks. His Dad who also owns DT couldn't make it this time but I'm sure they'll want to come next year.
I chuckled at Candy and I having a matching jewelry of tortoise. HA! Great minds think alike! (sorry you are cut off in the pix here.)
Micheal--I came home to check the toe nails of Penelope. I think she is definitely a girl! I'll post her hindleg pix soon. Thanks for the tip.

DSC00928.jpg

xoxo,
Mado

Status
Not open for further replies.