Status
Not open for further replies.

Ethan D

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Nebraska
TortoiseBoy1999 said:
Ethan D said:
if i can talk my parents into a walking bulldozer in the backyard 8 years after i get him (if i am still living here) then i will probably go from someone here, or tortoise supply . com :D

He's a baby.

when you get him he is LOL, then after 10ish years you have a 28in 130lb tank in your backyard that can topple fences lol, which is why my mom is much more keen on letting me get either another snake ex another boa constrictor or if i can afford one an albino lavender retic, or she likes lizards and would let me get pretty much any monitor or tegy, so i have breathing room there :D but she has had some bad experiences with turtles/tortoises in general, so its a hard decision for her :D

TortoiseBoy1999

5 Year Member
Palmdale CA
Ethan D said:
when you get him he is LOL, then after 10ish years you have a 28in 130lb tank in your backyard that can topple fences lol

Yes but I have buck fences and he will graze in our lawn!

TortoiseBoy1999 said:

I meant to but *Brick* fences

Ethan D

5 Year Member
Nebraska
TortoiseBoy1999 said:
Ethan D said:
when you get him he is LOL, then after 10ish years you have a 28in 130lb tank in your backyard that can topple fences lol

TortoiseBoy1999 said:

I meant to but *Brick* fences

i am not a sulcata expert, but from what i have seen and heard, thats fine for a juvie, but an adult needs something a lot more secure, lol a brick wall with concrete would work, or a fence with concrete in the ground supporting it might too, but that is what i have heard lol, Tom and others know better then i do :D

TortoiseBoy1999

5 Year Member
Palmdale CA
Ethan D said:
i am not a sulcata expert, but from what i have seen and heard, thats fine for a juvie, but an adult needs something a lot more secure, lol a brick wall with concrete would work, or a fence with concrete in the ground supporting it might too, but that is what i have heard lol, Tom and others know better then i do :D

Oh it has cement

Ethan D

5 Year Member
Nebraska
TortoiseBoy1999 said:
Ethan D said:

Oh it has cement

Good, lol wouldn't want him to get out, i hear it has to be like 6"-1' in the ground too, for when they burrow, less chance of getting out, but not by much lol, not after what i saw toms sulcata do :D

TortoiseBoy1999

5 Year Member
Palmdale CA
Ethan D said:
Good, lol wouldn't want him to get out, i hear it has to be like 6"-1' in the ground too, for when they burrow, less chance of getting out, but not by much lol, not after what i saw toms sulcata do :D

Lol what did toms do?

Ethan D

5 Year Member
Nebraska
TortoiseBoy1999 said:
Ethan D said:

Lol what did toms do?

made like a 8' burrow, he has a thread about it :D

bigred

10 Year Member!
Southern California
Ethan D said:
TortoiseBoy1999 said:
I'm getting mine for $60.00 from a breeder on craigslist.org

if i can talk my parents into a walking bulldozer in the backyard 8 years after i get him (if i am still living here) then i will probably go from someone here, or tortoise supply . com :D

Tortoisesupply is a good place to shop for a tort.

Ethan D

5 Year Member
Nebraska
bigred said:
Ethan D said:
TortoiseBoy1999 said:
I'm getting mine for $60.00 from a breeder on craigslist.org

Tortoisesupply is a good place to shop for a tort.

thats what i hear, they have the worlds 2nd largest tort too lol, i might tackle that later on, such a wide variety of torts i want them all :/ i would get an aldabra, but they seem to get huge, and cost a lot, but they don't burrow so thats a plus for me in the future :D probably my dream tortoise to have, just need to save up 2k LOL

TortoiseBoy1999

5 Year Member
Palmdale CA
Ethan D said:
thats what i hear, they have the worlds 2nd largest tort too lol, i might tackle that later on, such a wide variety of torts i want them all :/ i would get an aldabra, but they seem to get huge, and cost a lot, but they don't burrow so thats a plus for me in the future :D probably my dream tortoise to have, just need to save up 2k LOL

WoW!

Ethan D

5 Year Member
Nebraska
TortoiseBoy1999 said:
Ethan D said:

WoW!

yeah but they are amazing animals from what i read lol and there is a very good breeder on here that breeds them :D

Ethan D

5 Year Member
Nebraska
TortoiseBoy1999 said:
Ethan D said:
they just get 4ft long and 700lbs XD

Ok lol

hey if i had the knowledge and the $ i would get that instead of a sulcata, lol mom prob wouldn't be overjoyed about it though XD

TortoiseBoy1999

5 Year Member
Palmdale CA
Ethan D said:
hey if i had the knowledge and the $ i would get that instead of a sulcata, lol mom prob wouldn't be overjoyed about it though XD

Lol but you have a GIANT SNAKE!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.