Status
Not open for further replies.

AZtortMom

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Sunny AZ
This brought tears to my eyes! I am so sorry for your loss!

Life is good

tortoise007

5 Year Member
Phoenix AZ aria
You know, there has got to be a better solution to this problem than pointing out 500 times in a row how terrible these people are. I think we all get that... a better solution might be a couple of rosaries and and a few verses of scripture, hmm? Yes I agree that family has problems, but some of these comments about them aren't much better. Just something to think about.

GeoTerraTestudo

5 Year Member
Broomfield, Colorado
tortoise007 said:
You know, there has got to be a better solution to this problem than pointing out 500 times in a row how terrible these people are. I think we all get that... a better solution might be a couple of rosaries and and a few verses of scripture, hmm? Yes I agree that family has problems, but some of these comments about them aren't much better. Just something to think about.

Theft and animal cruelty are both immoral and illegal. People who do these things should be in jail (or juvenile hall if they're minors). I'm glad the guy who stole Terry's tortoise is in jail, if only for other crimes. But the people who killed Diabolique's animals are still running around out there doing God knows what to God knows whom.

Yes, these stories sadden me, but they also anger me. There should be consequences for such crimes.

Redari

5 Year Member
Alberta, Canada
Well said GeoTerraTestudo.

And this isn't the place for religious flame wars I'm sure, but this "a couple of rosaries and and a few verses of scripture, hmm?" is pretty much the opposite of a solution.

Many people have suggested being a positive role model for Tuck. THAT is a solution.

tortoise007

5 Year Member
Phoenix AZ aria
Redari said:

And this isn't the place for religious flame wars I'm sure, but this "a couple of rosaries and and a few verses of scripture, hmm?" is pretty much the opposite of a solution.

Many people have suggested being a positive role model for Tuck. THAT is a solution.

I totally agree with you on being a good role model for tuck, but my idea might help along the process a bit.

Chinque

5 Year Member
Florida
Oh my gosh! I am soooo sorry!! I feel soo bad for your tortoise!! Poor thing!!

Terry Allan Hall

5 Year Member
The Republic O' Tejas
Tuck was over today, and I tried to convey to him that I, in no way, held him responsible for anything that happened, and that he would continue to be welcome in our home.

He's a good kid, and has a lot of potential to do good things with his life, I feel.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
pugsandkids said:
Ugh, I'd keep Tuck under your wing. He obviously needs a steady role model. People suck...

I am so sorry the little one didn't make it. Such a sad thing. I agree though with this post. Sounds like the mother, father and sister are loss causes. Maybe you can keep the kid going in the right direction. Sounds like he's had a bad start, but is fighting against following their foot steps. Was very nice of him to offer to pay. There is hope for him. In honor of your little one, maybe teach the boy to love and care for animals of all kinds the right way. He won't get it from home:(
Again, I am so sorry for your loss.

GeoTerraTestudo

5 Year Member
Broomfield, Colorado
tortoise007 said:
Redari said:

I totally agree with you on being a good role model for tuck, but my idea might help along the process a bit.

Yes, this little Tuck fellow still has a chance. I'm glad to know that Terry still wants to mentor him. :)

Chinque

5 Year Member
Florida
I'm glad that you're not blaming him for this... Incidents like this just makes me all teary-eyed and sad... That people think that they can do whatever they want even if it harms others... Sure, everybody's human and we all make mistakes, but this is a new low... I am SO sorry for what happened to you and your tort!

Redari

5 Year Member
Alberta, Canada
Fair enough Tortoise007, you don't ask me to pray to Jesus and I won't ask you to pray to Cthulhu ;)

Zamric

10 Year Member!
The Crystal Unicorn
Terry

Sorry for your loss but it warms my heart that Tuck, even with the morals his family seems to have, has decided that being a better human is always a good Idea! Watch him, guide him and correct him when he strays. Good mentors are hard to find and baddly needed! Thanks for that!

Arnold_rules

5 Year Member
Gilbert, AZ
I am very sad for your loss, but I am very happy you are not holding the little brother responsible. As many of said, he seems to have what it would take to be a great tortoise/turtle keeper some day. Keep up the great work, your heart is in the right place.

As far as the boyfriend, hopefully he can be transferred to Phoenix to spend time in "tent city" with America's toughest sheriff. It is getting mighty warm around these parts. Or perhaps he will meet a nice friend while in jail.

haidao88

5 Year Member
I believed that tortoises are good luck and for him to steal a tortoise off someone's porch, that's just unspeakable, and I'm happy that karma came for him, but my heart goes out to her.

My tortoise Peach hates apples

TommyZ

5 Year Member
Id like to just add a little something. Terry, it isnt hard to tell that you are a good, honest person. It may sound odd, but sometimes a terrible tragedy can lead to a world of good. To share, when i was a kid, 11 yrs old, growing up with absentee parents, i was quite a bit of a trouble maker. One day i was out tossing rocks and breaking windows, well, this one rock i tossed hit right into someones fish tank. It broke, the fish all died. I only know this happened because the person came to my house to confront me, and tell my mom. Well, my mom was a addict, and could care less. Me, seeing how upset this man was, knew i had done something terribly wrong. After a couple of days it was really bothering me still, so, i went home and emptied all my piggy banks, i had $113.00 in total. I cashed in the coins, went to the house with the cash and rang the guys bell. He was baffled to see me standing there, tears in my eyes, to his bewilderment i stuck out my hand with my money and said "im sorry i was bad and killed you fish, here is all the money i have". The man, Hector, brought me inside his house, showed me what i had done. He told me all about his love of fish, and how hurt he was. In the end, he told me to keep my money and i could repay him by coming over and helping him set up his new tank......20 years later, i now meet with Hector often, have beers together, and of course, watch his fish. The moral of the story is, sometimes, especially in a young mans life, being exposed to real life results of a bad action, can change the whole future for the better. Knowing i hurt someone, changed my thoughts from that point on and i grew into what i know is a good man today. So, after this pain, know that perhaps the life companion you lost may not be gone, but may live on with you in the form of Tuck...just some food for thought...

TZ

Status
Not open for further replies.