Status
Not open for further replies.

81SHOVELHEAD

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Galveston TX
Our prayers are with you Yvonne .
You hurry back now you hear:)
Wishing you all the best & speedy recovery.
MikeD.

jax7271

10 Year Member!
Ontario, Canada
Wishing you all the best and hope you get well soon...the hospital is no place to have fun :cool:

Robert

5 Year Member
Galaxy far, far away...
Yvonne:

It's been quite a long time since I've been on the forum. I heard that you were in the hospital, not feeling well. I just wanted to stop in and wish you well. I am hopeful that you will be good as new soon.

Good luck.

Rob

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
93.gif

(Yvonne says in a PM to me this morning that the hospital's computer keyboard is not set up like her's so is hard to use.)

luvpetz27

5 Year Member
Ohio USA
I miss reading your posts Yvonne!!
I hope ypu are feeling better soon! Everyone misses you!
:)

LuckysGirl007

5 Year Member
Surprise, AZ
Get well soon! It's not the same without you! And someone does need to get this lady a laptop or tablet or SOMETHING!

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
BWAH HA HA!!

The many faces of Yvonne...SHE'S BA-A-ACK!!!

Thank you all for the well wishes. I had an episode of a lower G.I. problem, and the way they stop the episode is to bombard you with I.V. antibiotics. And whew boy...let me tell you. I was sicker'n a dog, but not from the diverticulitis, from the antibiotics. One of them they give you over...and over...and over again is the same one we use on our tortoises for the amoeba-type parasites, Flagyl. That stuff is BAD!!!!!!! I couldn't eat for 4 days. I'd take one bite of food and my stomach would turn. I was in a constant state, day and night, of extreme nausea.

But...all better now!

One thing I forgot to mention...The hospital I was in, Clovis Community Hosp. is a state of the art hospital. Every room is a private room with a big flat screen TV and internet access. The only problem being, I was too sick to try to figure out the stupid keyboard. It was similar to a lap top keyboard and not set up exactly like mine here at home. At first I couldn't figure out how to select something. I could move the cursor, but once I got there I didn't know how to click on it. I figured it out eventually and was able to send Jacqui a PM, but just didn't feel good enough to do any more. All I did was sleep to make the time go faster.

mainey34

5 Year Member
Peoria, Arizona
Sorry to hear, my husband had similar problems, but had to have a colon resection. Yes that flagyl is yucky..glad you are back to feeling somewhat better..and being back in the comfort of your own home...

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
'Bout time you get your behind back in here Lady! :D

bigred

10 Year Member!
Southern California
emysemys said:
BWAH HA HA!!

The many faces of Yvonne...SHE'S BA-A-ACK!!!

Thank you all for the well wishes. I had an episode of a lower G.I. problem, and the way they stop the episode is to bombard you with I.V. antibiotics. And whew boy...let me tell you. I was sicker'n a dog, but not from the diverticulitis, from the antibiotics. One of them they give you over...and over...and over again is the same one we use on our tortoises for the amoeba-type parasites, Flagyl. That stuff is BAD!!!!!!! I couldn't eat for 4 days. I'd take one bite of food and my stomach would turn. I was in a constant state, day and night, of extreme nausea.

But...all better now!

One thing I forgot to mention...The hospital I was in, Clovis Community Hosp. is a state of the art hospital. Every room is a private room with a big flat screen TV and internet access. The only problem being, I was too sick to try to figure out the stupid keyboard. It was similar to a lap top keyboard and not set up exactly like mine here at home. At first I couldn't figure out how to select something. I could move the cursor, but once I got there I didn't know how to click on it. I figured it out eventually and was able to send Jacqui a PM, but just didn't feel good enough to do any more. All I did was sleep to make the time go faster.

My wife has diverticulitis and it has hospitalized her a few times. Hope you get past it and it doesnt happen again

cemmons12

5 Year Member
Greenfield, In.
So happy you are better Yvonne! The forum wouldn't ever be/isn't the same without you! :)
Now, take good care of yourself!

terryo

10 Year Member!
Staten Island, New York
Happy to see you back Yvonne. :D We were worried for a few days not knowing where you were. Glad you're better now....try not to scare us like that again please.:(

kathyth

10 Year Member!
Beaumont, CA.
Yvonne,
Wishing you a speedy recovery.
Glad that you have just returned!

My thoughts are with you!

Kathy

Status
Not open for further replies.