emysemys

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Maggie Cummings

I am getting flooded with questions about the birthday fairy and where is she and stuff like that.
So this is to tell you all that The Birthday Fairy alias Yvonne alias emysemys is taking a little vacation in the hospital for a few days. It looks like she will be there for 2 more days then they'll kick her out and she will be back here to give out her great advice and harass me some more...she was pretty sick for several days but she is on the road to recovery and she will be fine...

Itort

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Iowa
Send her our best and pity the hospital staff.

ChiKat

10 Year Member!
FL
I'm glad to hear she is on the road to recovery! Get well soon Yvonne, we miss you!

Laura

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Foothills above Sacramento CA
OMG!!! i hope she will be ok.. Who is taking care of her critters? I know her daughter isnt too far...

M

Maggie Cummings

Laura said:
OMG!!! i hope she will be ok.. Who is taking care of her critters? I know her daughter isnt too far...

Yes, it's her daughter taking care of the animals. Last night she was there until 10:30. She called Yvonne and said " I didn't know it was such hard work!!!"

terryo

10 Year Member!
Staten Island, New York
Maggie, please give Yyonne some get well wishes. Hope she will be out and about soon with all her animals.

Stephanie Logan

10 Year Member!
Colorado
I hope Yvonne gets home safe and sound soon. Her daughter will hopefully stick around to smooth the transition between "fresh at home after being laid up in the hospital" and "fully recovered and strong enough to do all that lifting, cleaning and feeding." ;)

Mimi will be relieved to "see" her, I am sure.

Get well soon, Fairy. We miss you. :D

TortieGal

5 Year Member
Oregon
Sending many wishes to Yvonne to get well soon, you are very missed.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
How nice it was to come home and see all those well-wishes. Thank you all so very much!!

I was sick Fri to Sun and finally decided to have my daughter take me to the E.R. They admitted me after a thorough exam and stayed in the hospital receiving antibiotic infusion therapy...a different antibiotic delivered via I.V. every 4 hours. And surprise, surprise, one of them in the mixture was Flagyll! The infection cleared up after a day and the pain was gone, however they had to continue the therapy for several more days. I was really sick from all that poison they were pumping into me. I couldn't eat that whole time (lost a few pounds I could afford to lose). Today for lunch they finally took mercy on me and instead of Jello and flavored ice they gave me a regular meal of mashed potatoes, gravy, pork loin roast, zucchini and a little tub of ice cream (I think they must have given me someone else's lunch, but you think I was going to squeal? Hell NO) I couldn't eat it all because of not eating for such a long time but real food just looked and smelled so good!

Anyway...thanks for all the good thoughts, and thanks to Maggie for taking care of the birthdays for the Fairy.

terryo

10 Year Member!
Staten Island, New York
I'm so glad you're feeling better and home with all your torts and turts. Be well Yvonne...we missed you, but Maggie did a great job of being the "birthday fairy" while you were gone.

Status
Not open for further replies.