woo hoo! what a new year!

Status
Not open for further replies.

moswen

5 Year Member
caution--- after re-reading this post, it sounds pretty mushy!!

so my wonderful husband has made so many of my dreams come true, he's given me a family, allowed me to stay at home and raise our daughter, he's taken me to my very first rodeo (every year for my birthday now!) and my very first time to see trans-siberian orchestra live (every year for christmas), all these things i have wanted or wanted to have or see since i was a teenager, and he's made them all happen.

this year for christmas he bought me my very own violin, and has arranged lessons for me! another high school dream! he also bought me a new car, and we just signed on a house in the country in mannford on 10 acres! he's never wanted to live in the country, but he's doing it for me! i hate living in a housing edition, the last time i lived in town i was 10 years old. i had no idea how much i loved the country, until we moved to this house! and now, because of me and my love for space, and gardening, and now my tortoises, my husband has left everything he never thought he would leave, for me!

now.... don't try to tell me i'm not lucky!

and the very best news of all: AYANA!!!! i've got a really awesome pictures to show you:

this is a picture of yana's new home (separted from fina and mos)
IMG_9348.jpg

and THIS is a close-up of what i want you to see:
IMG_9347.jpg

yesterday this picture would have looked lush, green, full of mustard green sprouts and 5 pumpkin seed sprouts. yesterday i buried it in her enclosure. this morning she mowed it all!!!! i'm so happy with how well she's doing!!

haha, could it get any better than this?!?!?!

some pics of my favorite things so far:

IMG_9346.jpg

my new car is the white one, he got a new car too but it's too blue for me...

and my violin!!!! i must confess, i've already recieved a call from TSO recruiting me to travel with them next christmas because they already know how awesome i'm going to be at this. i'm going to break records and compose new music that will re-define classical violin and the way the whole orchestra sees music. you just wait.

IMG_9345.jpg

RianSeeking

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Spokane, Washington
Caution: Rian has been drinking too much champagne whilst painting the kitchen. Typos are unintentional.

Mushy posts are the best.

I've always wanted to play the violin. My daughter has taken up the viola.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
You have a wonderful husband. Be sure its always a two-way street and give back as good as you get.

Edna

5 Year Member
Rawlins, Wyoming
Well, Rebekah, if TSO doesn't end up calling, maybe TFO can get you to play for us next Christmas? I hope your 2011 is every bit as awesome as 2010!

zzzdanz

5 Year Member
Boston
I have some friends involved with TSO and had my sister begging me to hook her up w/passes to see the show in Mi...I made her beg a little and then got her passes for her and her family...Get practicing on that violin and I'll get ya an audition, hahaha.

Candy

10 Year Member!
Alhambra, CA
You have a very nice husband. :D I can't wait to see the new property. :)

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
You think you are a lucky girl. I think he is a lucky guy. Nothing makes a husband so happy as having a happy wife.

DeanS

SULCATA OASIS
10 Year Member!
SoCal
WOW! Rebekah, you are going to have a GREAT year! 2010 brought me lots of joy and lots of problems! I'm trying to dig myself out of the problems, so I can focus more on the good! I play guitar, so I'm always happy to find a kindred spirit when it comes to music! I'm also glad to hear Ayana is doing better.

Tom said:
Nothing makes a husband so happy as having a happy wife.

So True! ;)

zoogrl

5 Year Member
Missouri
Wow what a great husband! Sounds like you both are very happy! The violin is exciting & beautiful, let us know how lessons go. I have always loved music but never learned to play an instrument. I think I might like to at some point but for now will admire your determination in pursuing your dreams. Best wishes to you & your family in 2011 :D

M

Maggie Cummings

We want pix of your new house and surrounding yard. THEN we want pix of all the new tortoise pens, THEN we want pix of all the new tortoises, THEN we want pix of Yana as she's eating...I feel so glad for you and I am really glad she has made a turn around...you are one lucky gal!!!

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
What a sweet guy! Go give him another kiss and hug and tell him they are "just because" gifts. I think having a wonderful caring husband, wife, or whatever title they are, makes life so much more wonderful. You are indeed lucky...and so is he.

Status
Not open for further replies.