Car advice

smarch

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Massachusetts
You are a grown woman ,do what you want . If you want a car then buy one ,if not don't . Don't let people control your decisions .
I won't change my decision it's just its my parents endlessly pressing me to get a new car... It's relentless! So I'm glad other people see my side and I'm not just being stubborn immature or stupid. ... Ok I'm stubborn but that's for everything :p

smarch

5 Year Member
Massachusetts
Don't cave to their pressure. That's part of being a grown up, standing firm when you're right. Keep your old car, don't assume debt to suit someone else's notions. The time to get a new one is when reliability becomes a factor & you don't trust your old car to get you where you need to be, when fixing it endlessly is too aggravating.

Your door isn't held closed with a bungee cord, after all. Been there.

Congrats on your graduation.
Actually funny story, this winter had some days so cold my lock froze open after opening my door to get in... And I didn't have bungees (the only thing I didn't have in there literally) so I got to drive to Walmart holding my door closed... Had to park so the wind wouldn't open the door while I was shopping and came out with bungees aaaaaand the door closed...

I imagine me and my car getting to the point where it starts to sound like that song parody "Rusty Chevrolet"
I mean right now it's a completely reliable car just quirky things that happen, a few lights on the dash are out and apparently those cant be replaced easy, my back speakers wiring has always been funky, the seal on my sunroof lets water drip on passengers if it's torrential rain, heck one of my coworkers nailed wood to his sunroof to permanently seal it from leaks... Engineers... *eyeroll*

I swear they're like "here's your college loans... Hey while you're in debt here take out more!" ... No it's not like I want to have a home someday...

smarch

5 Year Member
Massachusetts
They should buy you one as a graduation present .
They sent me down to GA as my grad present so I basically have nothing to look to getting now... But yes I already tried the "if you want me to have a car so bad just get me it yourself" even if that ever happened and unicorns existed and puppies farted rainbows I'd still have to trade in my perfectly fine car. Aren't parents supposed to be the practical ones, they tell me I need to save money then tell me to buy a brand new car... I'm noting some very contradictory things here.