Where's winter

cmacusa3

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Bixby
I was only 11 when this happened but I think his career took quite a bashing. He was a very popular weather reporter back then, now famous for saying "theres no way of a tornado", followed by complete destruction the next day.
Sorry abramsmytankturtle, back on topic.

no worries, I don't mind the chit chat.

Eric Phillips

5 Year Member
Ohio
Here it is the second week of November and I still have several boxies still up. Big girl just coming out to checkout the rain today.

View attachment 191686

Yeah I was wondering this myself! In fact I had a scare on Sunday, I was cleaning out the pond plants in my little pond when I grabbed one of the plants and one of my male 3 toeds went sinking to the bottom of the pond. My first reaction was WTF is he doing not dug in yet?? My second reaction was WTF is he dead!! And my third reaction was I don't give a poo what my neighbors think, because yes crazy Eric is going to get caught talking to his turtles again after I realized he was fine! Needless to say I chastised him a good one. This time of year we're suppose to be relaxing and now I'm freaking out! Lol!

cmacusa3

5 Year Member
Bixby
Yeah I was wondering this myself! In fact I had a scare on Sunday, I was cleaning out the pond plants in my little pond when I grabbed one of the plants and one of my male 3 toeds went sinking to the bottom of the pond. My first reaction was WTF is he doing not dug in yet?? My second reaction was WTF is he dead!! And my third reaction was I don't give a poo what my neighbors think, because yes crazy Eric is going to get caught talking to his turtles again after I realized he was fine! Needless to say I chastised him a good one. This time of year we're suppose to be relaxing and now I'm freaking out! Lol!
That's good stuff Eric!!

I just went out and found 3 ornates wondering around the enclosure. Shells extremely cold. I moved them into the outside box and covered up the exit. Now I'm a little worried about doing the outside hibernation vs my garage style.

MichaelaW

5 Year Member
Harlingen, TX
Since moving to South Texas a couple months ago, I no longer have to deal with this cold weather stuff. Snow? What's that?!:D

cmacusa3

5 Year Member
Bixby
82 today 50's tomorrow. Lows in the 20's this weekend. Had cold beer and enjoyed probably the last really warm day of the year.
ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1479426727.240881.jpg

AJK Aquaria

Hit 70s yesterday in N. Illinois. 60s today. 40s tomorrow. 20s tmw night. All the turtles heading to the fridge tomorrow morning. They've been tucked away for awhile now. Only one male slowly moving around yesterday.

mark1

5 Year Member
ohio
74 and sunny right now , north coast , ohio ..... I've seen three wood turtles , 7 blandings , and one eastern box turtle out sunning themselves today ......... they all were heavy , bright eyed , alert and strong looking .......... a mild winter takes a lot of energy , hopefully it turns soon ............

AJK Aquaria

74 and sunny right now , north coast , ohio ..... I've seen three wood turtles , 7 blandings , and one eastern box turtle out sunning themselves today ......... they all were heavy , bright eyed , alert and strong looking .......... a mild winter takes a lot of energy , hopefully it turns soon ............

That sounds like a turtle paradise...

cmacusa3

5 Year Member
Bixby
I haven't checked today but we are in the 50's, so hopefully all mine are dug in. I did see 2 of my 3 toed yesterday.

MichaelaW

5 Year Member
Harlingen, TX
86 degrees and windy here in South Texas. A short tropical rainstorm this afternoon. The Terrapene, Manouria, and forstenii love it!

ColleenT

Lehigh Valley Pa
High 60's today but supposed to get cooler this upcoming week. i have not seen my turtles in a while. the water is still ok, not freezing, but they are burrowed down i hope.

mark1

5 Year Member
ohio
High 60's today but supposed to get cooler this upcoming week. i have not seen my turtles in a while. the water is still ok, not freezing, but they are burrowed down i hope.
you gave them more than they would get in the wild , an ideal situation , i'm sure they will do great ......