my eaastern's sure do love this rain

Status
Not open for further replies.

shellfreak

10 Year Member!
on the east we are supposed to get terrible rain storms tonight, so i went outside to check on my eastern boxies. i was expecting them to be on high ground, all 4 were basically swimming around. its not cold so i decided to leave them out and let them enjoy the rain. wish i could take some pictures but it is raining pretty hard.

Len B

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Southern Md - Northern Neck Va
My box turtles and mountain torts had the time of their lives today, We haven't had much rain for over a month,I did go out last evening to gather the youngsters up because of the amount of rain they were calling for,It wasn't easy but found all that I know about. So far we've had a 4 to 5 inches, and it started to rain hard again at dusk.We need it and the turtles and torts love it. Even the snappers were doing something that I have never seen before,I going to post some pics later,someone may have seen this action before.

terryo

10 Year Member!
Staten Island, New York
Same here with my boxies ...EVERYONE was out today. Very humid, warm and cloudy. Just what they love. I took some pictures, and spent the day preparing their hibernation cave, as tomorrow is supposed to be cool, and toward the beginning of next week is going to be in the 50's. Tonight we're supposed to get the storm...so far nothing...not even rain.

Angi

5 Year Member
La Mesa, CA.
My three toe is loving it. It is hot and so humid here. I feel like I am in the south, not Southern California. I like Tortoise weather. Dry and between 80 & 95. I sure like not having to water for a couple of days and seeing how happy trudi looks.

terryo

10 Year Member!
Staten Island, New York
Well, now it's 52 degrees here, and I'm hoping all the boxies went into their cave. Today I had to take my Ornate in...she hates the cold weather, and is prone to puffy eye's if it gets too cold. So now she's in for the winter, and then there was an Eastern that didn't gain too much weight over the summer, and she's in too. So now there's only 4 out there, and three inside. Worry, worry, and more worry until Spring.

Status
Not open for further replies.