Where's winter

cmacusa3

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Bixby
Same here in the uk up until about a week ago, temps have plummeted and 100% chance of snow forecast for tonight.
wow!! They will be surprised soon.

We are hitting lows in the upper 40's at night and 60's during the daytime. Tomorrow we hit lows in the 30's so I'm locking all of them up tonight in their house if I find them outside.

cmacusa3

5 Year Member
Bixby
Hey, no talk of winter allowed. Having a great warm fall here too and so far no ugly stuff in the near future. Hoping it stays that way too.

Yes and no, I want it now so we have a warm spring. Watching High School Baseball in Cold weather stinks.

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
Hey, no talk of winter allowed. Having a great warm fall here too and so far no ugly stuff in the near future. Hoping it stays that way too.
No snow forecast here in the south of England, but it's bloomin' cold. We had a day at 20C/68F last week. Today's high is 5C/41F ("feels like" 2C/36F)

Anyfoot

5 Year Member
UK Sheffield
No snow forecast here in the south of England, but it's bloomin' cold. We had a day at 20C/68F last week. Today's high is 5C/41F ("feels like" 2C/36F)
Same here, we had 18°c last wk. Tonight snow is forecast from 1am to 11am. Dont know how they can be that accurate with the forecast when Micheal Fish doesn't forcast weather anymore. Hahahaha

Anyfoot

5 Year Member
UK Sheffield
Same here, we had 18°c last wk. Tonight snow is forecast from 1am to 11am. Dont know how they can be that accurate with the forecast when Micheal Fish doesn't forcast weather anymore. Hahahaha
For our overseas friends Micheal Fish was famous for reading the weather forecast. This video is what made him famous. 1987

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
It's still pretty warm here too. The leaves are just now starting to turn colors and our night time temps are still in the 50's. We normally get our first night time frost around Halloween. So all my desert tortoises and box turtles are still up.

cmacusa3

5 Year Member
Bixby
It's still pretty warm here too. The leaves are just now starting to turn colors and our night time temps are still in the 50's. We normally get our first night time frost around Halloween. So all my desert tortoises and box turtles are still up.
It worries me that its going to hit hard all the sudden and they aren't going to be ready.

Last edited by a moderator:

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Mine haven't eaten in a while, however, with the box turtles up and about daily, that means they haven't dug themselves down deep enough for a quick overnight cool down. Oh well... they've been doing it much longer than we have. Hopefully they know what they're doing.

cmacusa3

5 Year Member
Bixby
I stopped feeding but I did see one ornate eating a worm yesterday. I loaded down the night box with leaves and filled my other enclosure up with about a foot of leaves. It should be fine.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Yes and no, I want it now so we have a warm spring. Watching High School Baseball in Cold weather stinks.
Even if we had it now, we'd probably still get screwed with a good long spring. So I will take the warm and mild any time I can. I heard we, Chicago, is suppose to be warmer and mild at least until the end of November.

cmacusa3

5 Year Member
Bixby
Even if we had it now, we'd probably still get screwed with a good long spring. So I will take the warm and mild any time I can. I heard we, Chicago, is suppose to be warmer and mild at least until the end of November.
good point!

cmacusa3

5 Year Member
Bixby
You're enclosure looks amazing

Thanks! I put down winter fescue in my yard and threw some extra seed in the enclosure. It absolutely took off in there in about 2 weeks time.

Anyfoot

5 Year Member
UK Sheffield
Wow, is has l reporter been in hiding since then?
I was only 11 when this happened but I think his career took quite a bashing. He was a very popular weather reporter back then, now famous for saying "theres no way of a tornado", followed by complete destruction the next day.
Sorry abramsmytankturtle, back on topic.