slowing down for winter.

ColleenT

Location (City and/or State)
Lehigh Valley Pa
whenever i offer worms to my boxies, it's a big hit. They usually each eat 2. yesterday it was fairly warm, and i offered them 2 each. none of them was eager to chow down. i guess they are starting to slow down for winter.

mark1

5 Year Member
ohio
imo that's how it's suppose to happen , i've read about stopping feeding them , but i have never arbitrarily just stopped feeding them , i offer them food until they're without question not eating it , which i'd imagine will be soon as mine are not eating much or often right now ....

DSCF2454.jpg

DSCF2439.jpg

DSCF2333.jpg

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
I have a Greek kept outdoors and he too just grinds to a halt. He ate a little yesterday and nothing today. He may eat tomorrow, he may not. The appetite is definitely dwindling though. I'm kind of expecting to hibernate him by the end of the month the way its going (and having looked on accuweather at the weather forecast)

PJay

5 Year Member
Virginia
I really like those ebt's! That last one is a real beauty! Is it a female? I bet they enjoy all those leaves and grass cuttings.

mark1

5 Year Member
ohio
yeah , winter can be a bit depressing , but i really look forward to spring ....... i do have the water turtles which i see pretty much all winter long , it's surprising how often i'll see them on a sunny 15 degree day in the dead of winter sticking their heads out looking around or walking on the bottom ........ PJAY i kinda do think the little yellow one is a female , i haven't really looked to be sure , she just popped up about 4 yrs ago as what appeared to be a 2-3 yr old , i think she's about 6-7yrs old .....

Eric Phillips

5 Year Member
Ohio
The slow down season is upon us. Even with a warm day today, there is limited sun exposure now, so must of mine showed there face and by 4pm all were dug in or in a burrow somewhere. This season went too fast for sure!