Too sad

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Maggie Cummings

**** Clark. Today, Jonathon Frid (the original Barnabas Collins from Dark Shadows), and the flute player from Men At Work ('I come from a land down under'). And now Levon Helm. I was at Winterland AKA The Fillmore West the last night, for the last concert, and danced to the last dance...Thank you so much Levon Helm for all the good music for all those years...so now it's time for you Levon, to take a load off Fannie, take a load for free...
so sad
my generation made such (SUCH) good music...
--

Neal

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Arizona
maggie3fan said:
--

I'm not from your generation, but yes...yes they did.

M

Maggie Cummings

Neal said:
maggie3fan said:
--

I'm not from your generation, but yes...yes they did.

Now I can't get those lyrics out of my head...it's funny but I can't remember a lot of different details, but I can remember what I was wearing that night and I can almost smell Winterland, I can see the disco ball and the videos on the wall behind the Band. It was like a lava lamp. Yellow flowing spots with holes, black holes...of course it's not too hard to remember how it smelled...:D

Len B

10 Year Member!
Southern Md - Northern Neck Va
One of my favorite groups, I still carry their album "The Band"(in cd form) in my truck, are you ready to go, up on cripple creek and rag mama rag? I still love that smell today. -----stuck in the 60s and can't get out--------It's been a sad couple days

lynnedit

10 Year Member!
Southwest Washington
Yes, it HAS been a sad couple of days.
Maggie, you bring back memories of Winterland... I was able to see the Grateful Dead there...

M

Maggie Cummings

lynnedit said:
Yes, it HAS been a sad couple of days.
Maggie, you bring back memories of Winterland... I was able to see the Grateful Dead there...

Len said:
One of my favorite groups, I still carry their album "The Band"(in cd form) in my truck, are you ready to go, up on cripple creek and rag mama rag? I still love that smell today. -----stuck in the 60s and can't get out--------It's been a sad couple days

Oh good, now I have different lyrics...:p

Nay

10 Year Member!
Belchertown Ma
Maggie!!! Dark Shadows!! I didn't hear he died and I haven't met to many folks who enjoyed that show. I used to rush home to watch it every day!!
Sad.. And yes all that great music, good times
Nay

Status
Not open for further replies.