SO SAD! :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

pickadillydo

5 Year Member
Miss_Kat said:
:(

I had such high hopes. Morla had been doing SO great since I brought him back from the vet. I was tube feeding him and he was okay with that. He LOVED being outside and was starting to try to eat and play...

I took him outside this afternoon and he seemed great. He had some weird bubbles coming from his mouth (not nose) and I took a picture cause I thought it seemed odd. After he tried to eat some more I took him inside to give him some rest. I put him in his enclosure and he kinda went into his shell. I figured he was napping - we had just had about 30-45 min outside and perhaps he needed some down time. A bit later I took him up to tube feed him adn he didn't respond to me at all...

I put him in warm water and he didn't blink.

I think I knew it then... but I didn't want to admit it. I called the vet and took him right in.

Morla died tonight. I am so sad and have such a heavy heart. I have been tube feeding him and giving injections for the last week. I have tried so hard to save his little amazing life... and I failed. I waited too long. I hate that I didn't know then what I know now. :( I mean that from the bottom of my heart. I keep thinking that if I had found this forum (or ANY better information) before now I could have saved him. My only warm spot is that perhaps I offered him some comfort in his last days. :( I tried so hard to fix the problems... but it was jut too late. I really REALLY hope to help other tort parents learn and know all the things I had tried so hard to find out! I know I was given a ton of $hit information, but I am also not stupid! I searched and searched on how to care for him, how to make him the most healthy little guy ever, it just turns out that a LOT of what I learned was wrong.

I am looking at his empty enclosure...

I am sad.

Everything you just wrote sounds like it came right out of my mouth..If you read my posts you will see.. My little Silas passed away this morning.. I so feel your pain.. and Im so sorry for your loss.. My heart is is so heavy right now.. One minute Im ok and the next Im sobbing.. He was such a cute boy and I grew so fond of him only after 3 weeks..

fhintz

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Fort Myers, FL
Sorry for your loss. I believe the love you give always matters, even when it seems like it wasn't "enough". So, I'm sure he's smiling down on you from tort heaven in thanks.

Best wishes in this tough time,

Frank

Status
Not open for further replies.