The addiction is full blown

Status
Not open for further replies.

starfield

5 Year Member
It has been my goal all year to end up with 12 red foots in 2012 in order to have a "grown-at-home" breeding group for the next decade, and I am well on my way. In addition to the 6 Northerns (Colombian, Venezualan and unspecified Northerns) and 2 Bolivian hatchlings/juvenile/yearlings, this week I will be getting two new arrivals.
A farm-raised imported Colombian, via Outback Reptiles
clearnailcolombianoutback.jpg
Please not the pale yellow/absence of orange/yellow and CLEAR TOENAILS! Very interesting, as most Red Foots I have seen have dark toenails
and this little guy/gal,
a 3 month old 2012 Brazilian Cherryhead from Mrs. Fung
allegra.jpg
allegra.jpg
and her lovely mother rambutan:
rambutan.jpg
I am very exctied about these new addtions and will add photos as soon as they are now and settled in!
Any thoughts on the clear nails would be appreciated :)

Attachments

• photo (9).JPG
    photo (9).JPG
    62.4 KB · Views: 31
Last edited by a moderator:

tortadise

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Tropical South Texas
Nice. Welcome to the redfoot addiction. Im a major succer for redfoots. I've got 24 I think and two more coming to the airport in 2 hours. :) that I'd interesting on the toenails I'm going to have to check all my countries out and see which ones are black and or clear.

starfield

5 Year Member
tortadise said:
Nice. Welcome to the redfoot addiction. Im a major succer for redfoots. I've got 24 I think and two more coming to the airport in 2 hours. :) that I'd interesting on the toenails I'm going to have to check all my countries out and see which ones are black and or clear.
Sweet! What are you expecting at the airport? Love new arrivals time!!!!!

And the clear nails are suggesting to me that the color is due to a specific pigmentation variation, possibly something traceably genetic. I wish I knew a tortoise genome researcher!

tortadise

10 Year Member!
Tropical South Texas
Well it's kinda a sad story for one of our members who couldn't keep her redfoots anymore. So I as always offer open and permanent housing for all tortoises at my tortoise sanctuary so she fell in love with my facility and shipped them down here. The pics look like Venezuelan but I will find out at 5:43 central time when I get the crate open.

Geochelone_Carbonaria

10 Year Member!
Southern part of Sweden
Reall nice looking RF's ! I especially like the pure yellow Colombian one...I would give anything for a mate to my yellow Colombian and this is probably what yours will look like in several decades from now ?

Good luck !

Yellow_Redfoot.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:

starfield

5 Year Member
tortadise said:
Well it's kinda a sad story for one of our members who couldn't keep her redfoots anymore. So I as always offer open and permanent housing for all tortoises at my tortoise sanctuary so she fell in love with my facility and shipped them down here. The pics look like Venezuelan but I will find out at 5:43 central time when I get the crate open.

Well at least the story has a happy ending! Looking forward to hearing all about them....

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
All of us here, sooner or later come to realize we have a problem, a good problem mind you.

Hustler

5 Year Member
Alberta Canada Eh
I hear you with the addiction... Count your lucky starts your state side.... Up in canada they are few and far between :) I wish i could just order up a pair of bolivians..... there are none up here and the border is closed.
I give you much respect for keeping that many heads :) Its a true passion once you get a heard

starfield

5 Year Member
Well I hope to have baby Bolivians and approx 6 years and I will do what ever it takes to get them to my Mountie friends to the north

starfield

5 Year Member
Well I do have a much larer end goal for my group size... Baby steps... The key to managing addiction haha

starfield

5 Year Member
Geochelone_Carbonaria said:
Reall nice looking RF's ! I especially like the pure yellow Colombian one...I would give anything for a mate to my yellow Colombian and this is probably what yours will look like in several decades from now ?

Good luck !
Wow how cool to see a fast forward! The COlombian should arrive tomorrow!:D

Status
Not open for further replies.