TFO Anniversary Meet-up for the East Coast??

Status
Not open for further replies.

cemmons12

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Greenfield, In.
AnthonyC said:
We have rats in NYC! ;)

drgnfly2265 said:
We have a lot of places here in Florida that tourist love to visit also! We have the mouse, beaches, and warm weather still, lol :D What can I say, I gotta try!

I love that post, rats in NYC! Way too funny!! :p

Morty the Torty

5 Year Member
pdrobber said:
Come on everybody enter your east coast bids for location for a meetup! NYC, Boston, FL, D.C. so far... However I think Florida could be it's own thing entirely, not just for East Coast...there's a few members in FL, maybe a Great Florida TFO Tour or something haha...would love to check out Greg (Aldabraman)'s place in person, that is, of course, IF we would be welcomed guests.

Is he in south Florida?

pdrobber

10 Year Member!
I believe so. SW FL if I remember correctly.

drgnfly2265

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
FLORIDA
Who aldabraman? If he's from Melborne (If I can remember) then he is on the Eastside. I'm about 45 min from Melborne, lol.

GBtortoises

10 Year Member!
The Catskill Mountains of New York State
While I'd love to see a huge group of "East Coasters" meet. I think it would realistically have to be broken down to Northeast, Mid-Atlantic and Southeast groups meeting in the location they think is closest for them. For the Northeast I vote for somewhere in eastern Pennsylvannia. I think that is more centrally located for the Northeast. Maybe Scranton, Honesdale? Or better still when there is a show going on in Hamburg!

froghaven5

5 Year Member
New Jersey
Sounds like a great idea. I'm inclinded to agree that broken down to areas may be more feasible, but we did go to a Chicken stock in PA and people came from Fl, MA, MD, PA, NJ, NY. For me it would have to depend on time as well as location.

WallieTheTortoise

5 Year Member
Brooklyn, NY
pdrobber said:
Let's do it guys and girls! East coast meetup woooo!!
Not to be selfish or lazy but I'd say NYC is pretty central, you have options for transportation, accommodations, and not only a TFO meetup but you can also get some nice NYC tourism in!

Wherever it may be, we could try planning it on the same weekend as a reptile expo, that would be fun to check out together.

The next big NY ones being held in White Plains, Westchester county center are
January 8, 2012
April 22, 2012
July 8, 2012
Sept. 9, 2012...

Isn't the next one in Westchester on Nov 27th? I'm going to take a 2 1/2 hr train to bus ride there!!!!

CtTortoiseMom

5 Year Member
CT
I go to D.C more often than I go to NYC but White Plains, NY is not too far away from me.

pdrobber

10 Year Member!
Yes the next Westchester one is Nov 27th...are you taking metro north?

D.C. might be good, I was just thinking somewhere more urban so that it's possible for those that don't have cars or prefer to take a train/plane/bus to get there.

AnthonyC

5 Year Member
New York
D.C.---Hours of frustrating traffic! Argh! Pete, you better be at that expo! :)

CtTortoiseMom

5 Year Member
CT
AnthonyC said:
D.C.---Hours of frustrating traffic! Argh! Pete, you better be at that expo! :)

We could all take the train in together and then go to the zoo:) I love the zoo there!!

pdrobber

10 Year Member!
I've never been to the national zoo! I've been to the nat'l aquarium in Baltimore...

WallieTheTortoise

5 Year Member
Brooklyn, NY
pdrobber said:
Yes the next Westchester one is Nov 27th...are you taking metro north?

D.C. might be good, I was just thinking somewhere more urban so that it's possible for those that don't have cars or prefer to take a train/plane/bus to get there.

I think so, I looked up the directions and all I remember was taking my train from bk to Harlem I think, then transfer to a bus.

CtTortoiseMom

5 Year Member
CT
pdrobber said:
I've never been to the national zoo! I've been to the nat'l aquarium in Baltimore...

I really like the national aquarium in Baltimore. Especially walking under the shark's! The zoo is really great and I only like a few zoo's in this country. I was supposed to be in D.C right now but all my kids are sick:(

pdrobber

10 Year Member!
it's too bad the last time I went to the aquarium in Baltimore I wasn't so tortoise crazy bc apparently in their rainforest exhibit at the top of the building there are redfoots!

CtTortoiseMom

5 Year Member
CT
pdrobber said:
it's too bad the last time I went to the aquarium in Baltimore I wasn't so tortoise crazy bc apparently in their rainforest exhibit at the top of the building there are redfoots!

Cool!! All I can remember about the rainforest is sweating buckets because it was winter and I was dressed really warm and wearing a jacket!

fbsmith3

5 Year Member
Worcester, MA
I'd love to go to an East Coast Tortoise Forum get together. Once a location and date is planned......

I'd vote for Quebec city, because I don't think any members live there and the city is my most favorite place on Earth.

SailingMystic

5 Year Member
Chester County, PA
pdrobber said:
Let's do it guys and girls! East coast meetup woooo!!
Not to be selfish or lazy but I'd say NYC is pretty central, you have options for transportation, accommodations, and not only a TFO meetup but you can also get some nice NYC tourism in!

Wherever it may be, we could try planning it on the same weekend as a reptile expo, that would be fun to check out together.

The next big NY ones being held in White Plains, Westchester county center are
January 8, 2012
April 22, 2012
July 8, 2012
Sept. 9, 2012...

I vote April-- nice idea and no snow ;)!

Status
Not open for further replies.