TFO 3 Year Anniversary - Southern CA Party!

Status
Not open for further replies.

LadyGreek

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Los Angeles, California
When we went to the LA Zoo last Monday it took us about an hour because of Traffic, so I always put extra time on our drives cause we always have bad luck. As for Vegas.....my mistake it dawned on me after that its not the same freeway. My hubby is WAY better with directions than me, and we were both born and raised here in LA. SMH! Haha!

Now everybody knows I suck at directions......my secret is out.:(

LadyGreek

5 Year Member
Los Angeles, California
spikethebest said:
yup the 5 and 15 are different freeways...lol. its ok. :)

Just dont tell anyone.....Haha!!! I should edit the post as if it never happened. LOL!!!

spikethebest said:
yup the 5 and 15 are different freeways...lol. its ok. :)

Just dont tell anyone.....Haha!!! I should edit the post as if it never happened. LOL!!!

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
Join the club before GPS I used to get lost all the time, I just wish the GPS voice wasn't so annoying.

LadyGreek

5 Year Member
Los Angeles, California
dmmj said:
Join the club before GPS I used to get lost all the time, I just wish the GPS voice wasn't so annoying.

HAHA!!!! That's exactly why I haven't gotten one. but, I do use my iPhone from time to time. But sometimes the directions are wrong on there and I still get lost. SMH.:(

Josh

Ask questions, share answers, talk torts!
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Redlands, CA
This Sunday! Come one, come all!
Look out for signs that say "TFO --> this way!"

dmmj

10 Year Member!
CA
Ok time? Place? I will be bringing cheese enchiladas, soda (diet and regular). Do we need ice? forks/spoons? cups? plates? I will bring a bag of hibiscus just in case anyone brings any shelled friends, can't wait to see you there. :)

DeanS

SULCATA OASIS
10 Year Member!
SoCal
Well! My wife hasn't had a day off from me (or the kids) for almost 10 years, so looks like this Sunday is it! I'll be there (with kids in tow). The hamstring is about 90 - 95 %, so I figure if i can pump the clutch to go to work...I can make it to San Dimas...Besides, it gives me a chance to hit up Pinnacle Peak afterwards...haven't been there in about 11 years and the little ones have NEVER been...best steaks you can find (besides mine, of course:p) See ya Sunday! I'll pick up something once I get there and we see how many folks actually show up...no sense in picking up anything perishable here only to have it rot on a hundred mile drive!

Josh

TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Redlands, CA
August 15th, 2010 at 2pm at San Dimas Canyon Park
look for TFO signs!

rbigshow01

5 Year Member
Whittier, CA
Me and my family have decide to go this weekend to enjoy TFO's 3 year anniversary. Any suggestions on what you would like us to bring so?

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Jeff and I are still a maybe. We are heading to CA now and are trying to get it there by Sunday morning. So on the chance we do get to make it, can I get some directions?

fgately

5 Year Member
I just drove by and looked at the park. Please make sure there are signs as the park was packed! I would also suggest we gather closer to the far end of the park (east end I think). The area near the play area was completely swamped with people. Looking forward to it.

dmmj

10 Year Member!
CA
Ok I am bringing enchiladas, soda, ice, plates, forks, spoons, and cups.

DeanS

SULCATA OASIS
10 Year Member!
SoCal
fgately said:
I just drove by and looked at the park. Please make sure there are signs as the park was packed! I would also suggest we gather closer to the far end of the park (east end I think). The area near the play area was completely swamped with people. Looking forward to it.

You gotta be kidding!?! I used to hang out there a lot in the late 80s early 90s and there was hardly anyone...no matter what day of the week! Must be due to all the newer construction in North La Verne.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
dmmj said:

"RECALCULATING!"

dmmj

10 Year Member!
CA
This is a Bump

This is the address i got for it
1512 Sycamore Canyon Rd, San Dimas, CA 91773
If this is wrong please say so.

Josh

TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Redlands, CA
Google says 1628 Sycamore Canyon Rd. but both addresses are probably just a couple hundred feet off so it should be about the same.

I'm mobilizing to the grocery store now. Then heading out to San D.!

Status
Not open for further replies.