TFO 5 Year Anniversary Celebration!

Status
Not open for further replies.

CourtneyAndCarl

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Middle of nowhere
Phooie... Just another reason why living out in the middle of nowhere Nebraska stinks. I will have my own tortoise party, and Carl and I will eat strawberries and dandelions while imagining how much fun y'all are having. ;)

kanalomele

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
East Bay area
I'm in Sacramento, ca. Would be happy to meet up with folks around here.

k@T

5 Year Member
I'm in Tehran, anyone from Iran or Middle East ?

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
futureleopardtortoise said:
Phooie... Just another reason why living out in the middle of nowhere Nebraska stinks. I will have my own tortoise party, and Carl and I will eat strawberries and dandelions while imagining how much fun y'all are having. ;)

Nowhere Nebraska, what a silly person you are! Nebraska is in the middle of everything!

Actually, if you could twist Mark's (Madkin) arm and get him to come, we could meet up the three of us. I am not too enthusiastic about eating dandelions, but they do make a great wine. ;)

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
Anyone who wants to set up their own party in their area, start a thread and see who shows up.
@ K@T I am pretty sure we have a few members in your country but I don't know how far they are spread out.

Angi

5 Year Member
La Mesa, CA.
I would like to go if it was not too far north of San Diego, although I maybe moving and too busy in August.

ShervyBaby

5 Year Member
Maryland/DC
k@T said:

I was born in Tehran but moved to DC when I was very young. Glad to see people in Iran are on TFO. My mother had a huge tortoise in Semnan growing up. You are now the second person from Iran I have met through TFO

M

Maggie Cummings

What about the Pacific North West? I know there's a bunch of us here, maybe we could meet in Washington across the bride from Portland...

CourtneyAndCarl

5 Year Member
Middle of nowhere
Jacqui said:
futureleopardtortoise said:

Nowhere Nebraska, what a silly person you are! Nebraska is in the middle of everything!

Actually, if you could twist Mark's (Madkin) arm and get him to come, we could meet up the three of us. I am not too enthusiastic about eating dandelions, but they do make a great wine. ;)

I've heard dandelions are actually pretty nutritious :) You should try twisting his arm though, it would be super fun!

Desert Jude

5 Year Member
Southern California
Josh said:
This August marks 5 years of TFO and every year I try to organize a picnic or BBQ in Southern California to celebrate. Last year was a bit of a flop (mostly my fault) but this year is a good milestone. 5 awesome years of this great community! This is most definitely cause for celebration!
So, with the goal being to attract as many members as possible to our 5 year anniversary party - what, and where, and when shall we do it?!
Some limitations - Southern California (S of Santa Barbara?) and sometime in late August or September. Other than that, I'm pretty open to whatever will encourage the most members to show up and meet each other - take photos - etc.

Just post the info when everything is decided and I'm there! I live in Monrovia/Pasadena area.

Nixxy

5 Year Member
New Hampshire
ShervyBaby said:
k@T said:

I was born in Tehran but moved to DC when I was very young. Glad to see people in Iran are on TFO. My mother had a huge tortoise in Semnan growing up. You are now the second person from Iran I have met through TFO

I've seen a few from UAE, as well.

Quite nice to have such cultural diversity!

NinjaTortoises

5 Year Member
Cali
Oh it would be awesome to go! My shedule is busy because of church and practices and school but this is one of my goals lol to meet up with fellow chelonian enthusiasts at least once and tort talk with them :D

tyguy35

5 Year Member
ontario
wish I could afford to go meet everyone. I still need to renew my passport

Blessed3x

5 Year Member
maggie3fan said:
What about the Pacific North West? I know there's a bunch of us here, maybe we could meet in Washington across the bride from Portland...

I'm in Wa State also and although is a CA get together is in September
I may drive down. However that being said, seems there is a lot of us in the Pac NW and I would love to have a get together in our WA/OR area. I'd even be willing to volunteer to help organize it. If anyone is interested let me know.

If the CA get together is in Sept and another woman from my area would like to go with me I'd have room for someone to go with me.
I'd love the company on the long drive. I'm just outside the Tacoma area.

Blakem

10 Year Member!
California
emysemys said:
I've never been able to participate because no one lives near me, however, this year, I found quite a few members in Fresno, Visalia and Madera:

msameer
norman2011
trasi
68merc
danadale18
pumpkinpie
wildchild6771
tortoiselover18

That's enough people to make a party, huh? Shall we get together at my house, or do you want to get together at a local park or restaurant? I'll send each on of these folks a PM inviting them to the 5 year reunion here in Fresno. I hope we can make it work this year.

You are actually only approximately 108 miles away from me :). If you don't mind, send me the pm as well.

k@T

5 Year Member
ShervyBaby said:
k@T said:

I would be so glad if I can see her :) , so nice too hear it. Which type of tortoise does she had? I had been traveled to Semnan, very nice place and kind people.

Happy Tortoise

5 Year Member
Josh I'm going L.A. to see my grandpa on August 3rd but I don't think I can go DX

This is Torti my male Russian Tortoise

Status
Not open for further replies.