Sulcata diet

Sier

Location (City and/or State)
Tennessee
I bought my Sulcata a month ago and when I got him he was like 6 months old so now he is around 7 months old. I would like a more detailed list of what to feed him because everything I read online contradicts the next thing I read. So it would be nice to have people on here who have had their Sulcata for awhile tell me what is good to feed him and what is not. I’d also appreciate it if you told me where I could buy the stuff at. Thanks in advance.

EllieMay

5 Year Member
East Texas
I bought my Sulcata a month ago and when I got him he was like 6 months old so now he is around 7 months old. I would like a more detailed list of what to feed him because everything I read online contradicts the next thing I read. So it would be nice to have people on here who have had their Sulcata for awhile tell me what is good to feed him and what is not. I’d also appreciate it if you told me where I could buy the stuff at. Thanks in advance.
I have 3 and I rarely buy anything. Grass, dandelion leaves, wild muscadine, thistle... I do order 25lb bags of the Mazuri tortoise chow to supplement. You’ll have to soften yours for the little one. Cactus pads also.. when mine were smaller I bought them from the Spanish grocery market and cut them into 1/2” pieces... I used to order hibiscus and Moringa powder to top their food also. Cattle bones for calcium supplement.

iAmCentrochelys sulcata

Alief
i feed grocery bought food because i can’t grow nothing, spring mix, collard greens,mustards, ect. i add grass and hibiscus leaves. obviously he doesn’t eat all but i try feeding variety.

Sier

Tennessee
I have 3 and I rarely buy anything. Grass, dandelion leaves, wild muscadine, thistle... I do order 25lb bags of the Mazuri tortoise chow to supplement. You’ll have to soften yours for the little one. Cactus pads also.. when mine were smaller I bought them from the Spanish grocery market and cut them into 1/2” pieces... I used to order hibiscus and Moringa powder to top their food also. Cattle bones for calcium supplement.
Thank you ❤️

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
This time of year your grass & weeds should be growing like gangbusters. Grass grass & more grass, dandelions, rose of sharon leaves n flowers, grape leaves, DANDELION greens & blossoms! Sullys are grazers, so grass and weeds. Add a cup of Mazuri pellet chow once a week or so.

Try to move quickly away from “store bought“ greens...and move toward regular weeds n grass. Variety variety variety. Don’t spoil your Sully. The larger variety of good natural greens the better.