Sulcata Tortoise diet

Sylvia1955

Location (City and/or State)
Lancashire
I have a 3 year old sulcata tortoise and would appreciate advice on what and how much to feed it and what it's weight should be. In the summer months it is easy collecting leaves, grass and some flowers but the winter months can prove difficult. Can you feed a sulcata pineapple leaves?

G-stars

5 Year Member
Southern California
I have a 3 year old sulcata tortoise and would appreciate advice on what and how much to feed it and what it's weight should be. In the summer months it is easy collecting leaves, grass and some flowers but the winter months can prove difficult. Can you feed a sulcata pineapple leaves?

It's weight will depend on many factors so no one can tell you how much yours should weight as every tortoise grows at different rates.

I've posted a good link as to what your sulcata can eat.

http://www.tortoiseforum.org/index.php?threads/Sulcata-Diet-Sheet.64290/

Jodie

5 Year Member
Spokane Valley WA
The abovementioned link is a good place for diet info. Endive, spring mix and escarole are good choices for grocery greens. Variety is key. I feed a pile about the size of my tortoise in the morning and feed again in the evening after their soaks.

lismar79

5 Year Member
Ohio USA
Starting them on timothy hay or orchard grass hay is also a good way to keep them well feed.