Quick! Scooter need to poop!

Status
Not open for further replies.

LiveTilWeLaugh

5 Year Member
Any ideas on how to get him to? I've been trying since yesterday afternoon. He has to poop in order for the vet to know what's wrong with him. I have given him all the different types of food I can think of....papaya, strawberry, grape leaves, roamine, geranium leaves, banana, grass, dandelion, and clover. He has everything to choose from and I've been soaking him about a half hour on, half hour off. But he needs to poop before the vet closes!

Neal

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Arizona
A good soaking usually does the trick for my tortoises...but I don't know what else to suggest that you are not doing.

AustinASU

5 Year Member
Pensacola, FL
oie i'd say thats to much soaking.....i'd give him pumpkin, that'll clean the bowls out. And maybe even make the water a little warmer when you soak him, maybe like 100 degrees or 95. It's kind of like us humans....it's hard not to pee in a hot tub lols

Laura

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Foothills above Sacramento CA
warmth, food and excersise.. even if that excersise is in the soaking tub struggling to get out...

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Kingman, Arizona
If its not too late, I've found what works for me is coffee and a cigarette. TMI?

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Use your bathtub. The warm water, slick surface and constant walking will get it done. Leave him in there for an hour or more. Warm up the water as needed.

CourtneyAndCarl

5 Year Member
Middle of nowhere
Do they need a fecal sample? I heard that they can just do a cloaca swab, so that could be a possibility if he won't go. That's how it was when I took my little guy to the vet. He wouldn't poop and wouldn't poop, then in the car on way there he had the biggest bowel movement ever for such a little guy, haha.

Masin

5 Year Member
North Florida
Does he need to poo for a sample or poo so they can do another radiograph? (if he's had a first one)

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Kingman, Arizona
Usually a smear and float check is needed. ( my previous post was me just smarting off).

Masin

5 Year Member
North Florida
Cowboy_Ken said:
If its not too late, I've found what works for me is coffee and a cigarette. TMI?

Omg yes! I no longer smoke but yes!
Working in a coffee shop allowed me to get over my bathroom shyness for sure! Never spoke so openly with people in person in my life, haha.

Status
Not open for further replies.