Poor little guy :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Chicago, Illinois, USA
What you need to do when you see ads for tortoises that needs some help, email them some help. Usually if you are nice and suggestive of the information, they will take to it and hopefully they will change things. Also, invite them to check out TFO. to find more helpful information. I have no idea if you sent them an email or not, but I did. In my opinion, do something to help the animal, doing nothing does not help the animal.

This guy/gal at least admits they don't know,what they are doing. The info s/he did get was probably from a pet store and we all know that most, if not all only give bad info.

lkwagner

5 Year Member
wellington said:
What you need to do when you see ads for tortoises that needs some help, email them some help. Usually if you are nice and suggestive of the information, they will take to it and hopefully they will change things. Also, invite them to check out TFO. to find more helpful information. I have no idea if you sent them an email or not, but I did. In my opinion, do something to help the animal, doing nothing does not help the animal.

This guy/gal at least admits they don't know,what they are doing. The info s/he did get was probably from a pet store and we all know that most, if not all only give bad info.

I actually did send them an email :) I even sent her the link to toms thread on how to raise sulcata hatchlings! S/he was very appreciative :) and yes s/he did get the info from a pet store and they said s/he did some googling and obviously it was wrong. I told them I was going to post the ad on this forum in hope that someone on here from Michigan saw it!
Thanks!

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
I know you did. I got an email from them too. They told me they were already looking on TFO, after they got another email referring them to here. So, fantastic job you did. She sounded like she was going to do right by it. I actually though she would have been a great tortoise owner, as she openly admitted she didn't know what she was doing and sounded so wanting a good home for someone who did. I also ,told her, that TFO would help her and that she could email me anytime for help.
You should feel real good. You may have drastically changed the life of that little tort:)

WillTortoise said:
Post was deleted by author.

The second post link works.

mctlong

5 Year Member
SF Valley, SoCal
wellington said:
She sounded like she was going to do right by it. I actually though she would have been a great tortoise owner, as she openly admitted she didn't know what she was doing and sounded so wanting a good home for someone who did.

This is key here. It sounds like she cares. I hope she keeps it. With some research and knowledge, the tortoise and her can be quite happy.

Status
Not open for further replies.