Not open for further replies.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
That just goes to show how ignorant of tortoise-keeping procedures well-meaning people can be. This person says they really love their tortoise and treated him like a king.

matt581

5 Year Member
Jackson MI
Its 1hr away if it was less $ id get him and find him a good home 800 bucks is nuts tho yes i agree with both of you.:(

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Sad :( but that's how many probably look from 15 years ago. I emailed them to let them know there is new info now and that maybe they could get him started on a better plan then what they were told. It won't help the tort's appearance much now, but maybe a better diet will come into play, as I am sure that's not so good either.

Laura

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Foothills above Sacramento CA
If they looked at the wiki link they included, they would see theirs looks nothing like it should.. It should be pointed out to them.. and also the price should be pointed out to them.. thats even high for a female and rescues are full of males for free... healthy ones.. not ones with MBD...
ugh

matt581

5 Year Member
Jackson MI
Laura said:
If they looked at the wiki link they included, they would see theirs looks nothing like it should.. It should be pointed out to them.. and also the price should be pointed out to them.. thats even high for a female and rescues are full of males for free... healthy ones.. not ones with MBD...
ugh

Ya i think its a person that got it for free trying to make quick cash i could be wrong tho never know and i agree bamm bamm my rescue sulcata was free.

wellington said:
Sad :( but that's how many probably look from 15 years ago. I emailed them to let them know there is new info now and that maybe they could get him started on a better plan then what they were told. It won't help the tort's appearance much now, but maybe a better diet will come into play, as I am sure that's not so good either.

Did he e_mail u back at all?

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
Yikes the poor fella is in rough shape. Massive MBD, I would hate to see how they treat peasants.

matt581

5 Year Member
Jackson MI
800 is the best he will take good luck he needs help should give away to a good home. Look at walking rock at 12yrs old and this 1 and 15 big diffence!

Status
Not open for further replies.