OMG...what have I done??!!

KarenSoCal

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Low desert 50 mi SE of Palm Springs CA
Hmmm, so @Tom 's new profile picture looks strikingly like one of @KarenSoCal's litter of puppies.

Coincidence, or no?

Inquiring Minds Want to Know!

I noticed Tom's new avatar picture. By any chance did he take one of the pups?
Of course I had to be nosey and sniff lol like a doggy. And well Tom's new avatar certainly looks like Ruger.😜
Gosh, that pup sure does look like my Sir Turquoise! But I searched and didn't find that picture anywhere in my Gallery!

I think I'd better go to the puppy room and ease my mind...now I'm worried..."puppies, puppies, come here babies...there's Sir Orange, and Sir Green, and Lady Yellow, and...".

KarenSoCal

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
An update:

Over the past month or so 6 of the puppies have gone to new homes. Last evening I met a nice family from Phoenix. We met in Blythe, and now my sweet Lady Yellow is gone 😢 I cry when each one leaves, but it's partly happy tears 🥲 It's time for them to be with their new people and get out more frequently for socialization.

So now I still have 3 puppies. Sir Green, formerly "the runt". He is slowly closing the size gap. He had a vet checkup and was given a clean bill of health. His size is the only difference between him and his littermates.

I also have Sir Orange, who is by far the biggest puppy of the group. He's getting so heavy I almost can't pick him up. He vocalizes a lot with grunts, groans, whining, deep sighs, and occasionally he snores.

And finally, I have the former Sir Silver, now Ruger. He's growing too, but he can still climb onto my lap. I don't think that will be possible for much longer.

They were 12 weeks old yesterday and today, and really aren't babies any more. I will miss them very much even though I will have Ruger. Just 2 more to go...

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
An update:

Over the past month or so 6 of the puppies have gone to new homes. Last evening I met a nice family from Phoenix. We met in Blythe, and now my sweet Lady Yellow is gone 😢 I cry when each one leaves, but it's partly happy tears 🥲 It's time for them to be with their new people and get out more frequently for socialization.

So now I still have 3 puppies. Sir Green, formerly "the runt". He is slowly closing the size gap. He had a vet checkup and was given a clean bill of health. His size is the only difference between him and his littermates.

I also have Sir Orange, who is by far the biggest puppy of the group. He's getting so heavy I almost can't pick him up. He vocalizes a lot with grunts, groans, whining, deep sighs, and occasionally he snores.

And finally, I have the former Sir Silver, now Ruger. He's growing too, but he can still climb onto my lap. I don't think that will be possible for much longer.

They were 12 weeks old yesterday and today, and really aren't babies any more. I will miss them very much even though I will have Ruger. Just 2 more to go...
And well he might think otherwise.😉 and keep thinking he's a little guy and what have you.. just wait untill he's a 6-9 month old. I had that size Great Dane puppy tackle me and wash my face and I couldn't do a dang thing to stop it. 😉 I dared to get on the floor to clean. The next thing I knew I got way laid.But truely if you got this far you got it 🤗😊job well done 😊

KarenSoCal

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Tammy, you nincompoop. You didn't ask how is PETRA. Bah. Mothers are always so background.
Petra is doing fine, but still has her irritating habits. She's a dog that is exhausting to be with all day because she's so needy and clingy, and always blocking my way. I've bought her a Thundershirt, but haven't tried it yet. I'm hoping that it will help her settle down and not be so anxious about everything. I'm also looking into getting some professional training for us. She knows the simple basics, but we need help with her specific behavior problems. She's such a sweet and loving dog...sometimes I feel sorry for her. She wants to be good, but she's also a 2 year old, healthy, full of extra energy animal. Danes aren't even considered adults until they're 3 years old.

KarenSoCal

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
And well he might think otherwise.😉 and keep thinking he's a little guy and what have you.. just wait untill he's a 6-9 month old. I had that size Great Dane puppy tackle me and wash my face and I couldn't do a dang thing to stop it. 😉 I dared to get on the floor to clean. The next thing I knew I got way laid.But truely if you got this far you got it 🤗😊job well done 😊
Cathie, I think your prediction is right on point! Petra ran full force into me with her 100 lb body a while back, and I ended up in the ER with a staple in my head.

I already have troubles if I just bend over to pick something up. Ruger and his brothers are all over me with my face at their level, just prime for licking and playing. I sometimes look ahead and wonder how I'm going to make a believable alpha household member! I hope they never realize that I am completely at their mercy! 😂

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Cathie, I think your prediction is right on point! Petra ran full force into me with her 100 lb body a while back, and I ended up in the ER with a staple in my head.

I already have troubles if I just bend over to pick something up. Ruger and his brothers are all over me with my face at their level, just prime for licking and playing. I sometimes look ahead and wonder how I'm going to make a believable alpha household member! I hope they never realize that I am completely at their mercy! 😂
And they so love their humans ❤️ you don't stand a chance. You will get tackled and licked if you're on the floor among other things 🙃 🤗 I do think they can be trained though and especially with the situation you have going on. Having the puppy from birth. You'll be fine.😊

KarenSoCal

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Another update! This morning (Monday) I was up and using the bathroom when I hear a text message notification come in on my phone. Now, it's 4:45 AM, and I really want to go back to bed. But I check, and it says "saw your ad about your puppies. Do you have any left?" Of course I texted that I had 2 males available. So long story condensed, I left home at 8:30 and drove to Yuma AZ, arriving at our meeting place at 10:30. I had both Sir Green and Sir Orange with me. A nice young couple with no children yet took Sir Orange home to Tucson with them. His job for a year or two is to play with the resident Pittie puppy, who doesn't get enough exercise. After the couple starts a family, they have promised Sir Orange the guardianship position over the tiny human. Although he is overqualified for the playing job, he really wants the tiny human duty since it will be impressive on his resumé. So my big brawny boy is employed and gone 🥲

So now I only have Sir Green to rehome. Being the smallest of the litter, I'm surprised that no one has taken him. If it was feasible, I would keep him along with Ruger. But I just can't do it, both financially and physically. 3 dogs of that size, along with my other 2 dogs, would be pandemonium in my little house. I'll be 73 next month...I can't do pandemonium any more.

I dread the next text that asks if there are any more...but for his sake, I hope it comes soon.

My sweet Sir Green...
20240221_163641.jpg

20240221_163652.jpgN

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Another update! This morning (Monday) I was up and using the bathroom when I hear a text message notification come in on my phone. Now, it's 4:45 AM, and I really want to go back to bed. But I check, and it says "saw your ad about your puppies. Do you have any left?" Of course I texted that I had 2 males available. So long story condensed, I left home at 8:30 and drove to Yuma AZ, arriving at our meeting place at 10:30. I had both Sir Green and Sir Orange with me. A nice young couple with no children yet took Sir Orange home to Tucson with them. His job for a year or two is to play with the resident Pittie puppy, who doesn't get enough exercise. After the couple starts a family, they have promised Sir Orange the guardianship position over the tiny human. Although he is overqualified for the playing job, he really wants the tiny human duty since it will be impressive on his resumé. So my big brawny boy is employed and gone 🥲

So now I only have Sir Green to rehome. Being the smallest of the litter, I'm surprised that no one has taken him. If it was feasible, I would keep him along with Ruger. But I just can't do it, both financially and physically. 3 dogs of that size, along with my other 2 dogs, would be pandemonium in my little house. I'll be 73 next month...I can't do pandemonium any more.

I dread the next text that asks if there are any more...but for his sake, I hope it comes soon.

My sweet Sir Green...
View attachment 367781

View attachment 367782N
He's gorgeous with a very sweet loving face.🤗

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California

My sweet Sir Green...
View attachment 367781

View attachment 367782N
I really really liked Sir Orange. I'm glad someone else took him. I've really been fighting the urge to come back and get him! I kept hoping someone near me would get him. Mr. Green is looking super fine.

Chefdenoel10

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
New Jersey
When I look at this gorgeous puppy….

I think of TOM!!!! 😉

Come on Tom!!
That face!!!
Like SinLa said…
LOOOOKKK AAAT IIITTT!!!! 😍
He would be puurrrfect on your big lot of land.
Only one left…!
Mr Green…
in the library…
with the candle stick!!?? 🤣
Only one…
Going…
Goooooooo-ing……!
G—-?
🥺🥹🥹🥹🥹🥹🥹🥹🥹

KarenSoCal

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Look at that face. LOOK AT IT!!!!!!

Ummm what is “normal” weight?
I don't know what's "normal", and I don't feel like weighing Ruger right now :) But Ruger has a heavier build than Mr. Green. I guess maybe you can see the difference in the pictures.

Ruger:
20240312_182546.jpg
20240312_182635.jpg

20240312_182617.jpg

Mr. Green: He looks worried here 😒
20240314_165501.jpg
20240314_165127.jpg

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
When I look at this gorgeous puppy….

I think of TOM!!!! 😉

Come on Tom!!
That face!!!
Like SinLa said…
LOOOOKKK AAAT IIITTT!!!! 😍
He would be puurrrfect on your big lot of land.
Only one left…!
Mr Green…
in the library…
with the candle stick!!?? 🤣
Only one…
Going…
Goooooooo-ing……!
G—-?
🥺🥹🥹🥹🥹🥹🥹🥹🥹
No more room at the Inn here. We have three puppies right now, plus all of our other animals. I won't do it if I can't do it right.

But I sure want him!

TammyJ

5 Year Member
Jamaica
It's uncanny how Ruger seems to know he's not going anywhere and is confident and comfortable. Mr. Green looks uncertain of his status. Give him lots of love. I am sure he will get a great New home with a good people!