OMG...what have I done??!!

KarenSoCal

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Low desert 50 mi SE of Palm Springs CA
An update on my sweet babies!

5 puppies have been rehomed so far. It's going so fast! 2 left yesterday, and 3 went today. Of the 4 remaining, I'll keep one of them, but I don't know which one it will be. I'm stuck between a male and a female.

Here are some recent pix of mostly faces...

20240204_160113.jpg

20240204_160237.jpg

20240204_160348.jpg

20240204_160305-1.jpg

20240204_160039.jpg

"
20240204_160010-1.jpgHe ain't heavy...he's my brother!"

KarenSoCal

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
I've finally decided which puppy I'm keeping! He has been known as Sir Silver since birth. It's been hard to choose because I've become so attached to all of them, but especially Sir Green (the smallest pup), and Lady Yellow. For a few weeks I've assumed that I would keep one or the other of those two, and now it's difficult to let them go. But after friends gave me some input after observing the pups with me, I've noticed some traits that I didn't see before.

Sir Green is a scrappy little street fighter. He's small, so he's had to be pushy and ready to fight for his food and his dignity. He picks fights, escalates simple wrestling sessions, and is usually in the middle of whatever shenanigans are going on. I don't need a gladiator dog...I need a couch potato.

Lady Yellow is more subtle, but is often Green's partner in crime. She's so sweet, but a bit on the rough side. She likes to chew my face, which I don't like so much. It's difficult to get her to stop...she just keeps trying. I love her to pieces, but she's just a little too rough.

Sir Silver is really laid back. He is sweet, and he is gentle with me. He is a nuzzler and licker, and rarely tries to chew me. I kind of feel bad for not paying much attention to him before because he is a lover. He just takes a little more effort on my part when he sits on the sidelines watching the action. But he does often come to me and wants up in my chair for some cuddling.

So now I have to come up with a name for him, and my mind is totally blank. If anybody wants to make suggestions please do. He is going to be a huge dog, so "Tiny" probably won't work. Generally I like 2 syllable names with hard consonants: Petra, Bishop, Blanca, Sherlock, Watson, Webster...these are all names I gave to dogs of mine. But tell me anything you think of...it might be time to break that mold!

My new baby:20240204_160113.jpg

20240204_160237.jpg

SinLA

Tortoise Club
Los Angeles
I've finally decided which puppy I'm keeping! He has been known as Sir Silver since birth. It's been hard to choose because I've become so attached to all of them, but especially Sir Green (the smallest pup), and Lady Yellow. For a few weeks I've assumed that I would keep one or the other of those two, and now it's difficult to let them go. But after friends gave me some input after observing the pups with me, I've noticed some traits that I didn't see before.

Sir Green is a scrappy little street fighter. He's small, so he's had to be pushy and ready to fight for his food and his dignity. He picks fights, escalates simple wrestling sessions, and is usually in the middle of whatever shenanigans are going on. I don't need a gladiator dog...I need a couch potato.

Lady Yellow is more subtle, but is often Green's partner in crime. She's so sweet, but a bit on the rough side. She likes to chew my face, which I don't like so much. It's difficult to get her to stop...she just keeps trying. I love her to pieces, but she's just a little too rough.

Sir Silver is really laid back. He is sweet, and he is gentle with me. He is a nuzzler and licker, and rarely tries to chew me. I kind of feel bad for not paying much attention to him before because he is a lover. He just takes a little more effort on my part when he sits on the sidelines watching the action. But he does often come to me and wants up in my chair for some cuddling.

So now I have to come up with a name for him, and my mind is totally blank. If anybody wants to make suggestions please do. He is going to be a huge dog, so "Tiny" probably won't work. Generally I like 2 syllable names with hard consonants: Petra, Bishop, Blanca, Sherlock, Watson, Webster...these are all names I gave to dogs of mine. But tell me anything you think of...it might be time to break that mold!

My new baby:View attachment 366724

View attachment 366725
Gandalf the Grey

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster

View attachment 366725
Why not Sir Silver. I've picked my puppy too IMG_20240203_111238547.jpg

KarenSoCal

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Gandalf the Grey
Gosh! I like it! Who is he? Oh, looked it up and he's part of the Lord of the Rings series? I like the name, but I don't think he's the type of character I'd want to use for a puppy's name. Give me another suggestion?

Last edited:

SinLA

Tortoise Club
Los Angeles
Gosh! I like it! Who is he? Oh, looked it up and he's part of the Lord of the Rings series? I like the name, but I don't think he's the type of character I'd want to use for a puppy's name. Give me another suggestion?

Yes Lord of the Rings, but he is a "Good guy/hero".

zovick

10 Year Member!

View attachment 366725
He looks like a "Buster" to me.

I also like the name "Omar" for a merled dog. I had a blue merle Collie named Omar in the 1990's and he was a really nice dog with a great personality.

TammyJ

5 Year Member
Jamaica
An update on my sweet babies!

5 puppies have been rehomed so far. It's going so fast! 2 left yesterday, and 3 went today. Of the 4 remaining, I'll keep one of them, but I don't know which one it will be. I'm stuck between a male and a female.

Here are some recent pix of mostly faces...

View attachment 366677

View attachment 366675

View attachment 366676

View attachment 366678

View attachment 366680

"
View attachment 366681He ain't heavy...he's my brother!"
So on we go! They are lovely 😍!

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Yes it's a Chinese word for free. I couldn't get the hiphen above the e🙃. I think Sir Silver should have at least a Sir in front of his name because he just looks regal
This is Fre at 3 weeks 5 days old. I have a video of his tail wagging but the file's too large to post IMG_20240220_115940522.jpg

KarenSoCal

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Sir Silver has a new name! His name is now Ruger. I like it because it's easy to say quickly, and a dog should hear it without any trouble. I also like it because he is like a Ruger...only dangerous when someone makes it dangerous.

There's a woman coming on Saturday to see the pups, especially Lady Yellow. If she takes her, I'll be down to only 2 males to rehome. This is going faster than I anticipated, which is a good thing since it's time for them to be with their new person/people.