OMG! Our New family member is coming early!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MoireErin

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Knobs of KY
OH MY!!

I can't believe it!! Due to unforeseen circumstances, our long awaited family member will be here on Tuesday (at least that is what I am told :) ) Almost TWO months early!!!!

I am so excited that I am shaking and barely holding back the tears of sheer joy!!

Our 'baby' will be coming from ATC :) Don't you know that I will be waiting (very anxiously) on Tuesday morning looking for that FedEx truck!

Sorry, I just had to share my (our) excitement :D :tort::tort::tort:

MoireErin

5 Year Member
Knobs of KY
BTW...big apologies to Lance & Tom that we didn't buy one of your babies~hope you can forgive us :(

tortadise said:
Congrats. What are you getting?

A beautiful sulcata yearling from Arizona Tortoise Compound :D

I just hope everything goes really well-so nervous now (and probably will be until he is safe in my hands on Tuesday...

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Very exciting for you. Don't forget to soak him/her in warm water for 20-30 minutes as soon as you get it out of the box. Then, place in the enclosure in front of some food and if he starts to eat great, if he doesn't walk away and let him be for a bit. Also, sometimes it takes them a while to get used to their new home.

MoireErin

5 Year Member
Knobs of KY
wellington said:
Very exciting for you. Don't forget to soak him/her in warm water for 20-30 minutes as soon as you get it out of the box. Then, place in the enclosure in front of some food and if he starts to eat great, if he doesn't walk away and let him be for a bit. Also, sometimes it takes them a while to get used to their new home.

I will definitely do that! :)
Oh dear!! I have so much left to do before he gets here! I feel like a chicken with its head cut off right now. I am pretty sure this is what my hubby felt like when I went into labor with our son! LOL

pfara

10 Year Member!
Maryland
MoireErin said:
I just hope everything goes really well-so nervous now (and probably will be until he is safe in my hands on Tuesday...

Oh, you'll be a nervous wreck long after he's in your hands. You're a mother.. you know what I'm talking about :D Our babies will always be babies in our eyes. Congrats on the new addition. At least you aren't alone in this!

MoireErin

5 Year Member
Knobs of KY
pfara said:
MoireErin said:

Oh, you'll be a nervous wreck long after he's in your hands. You're a mother.. you know what I'm talking about :D Our babies will always be babies in our eyes. Congrats on the new addition. At least you aren't alone in this!

I know EXACTLY what you are talking about! LOL

I think that what is making me nervous right now is that I am hoping that all the excellent ratings and such for ATC were true and I will have just as pleasant an experience....

pfara

10 Year Member!
Maryland
Silly woman.. you're worrying over nothing. Just be as prepared as you can, read and re-read Tom's threads, and run your enclosure (lights and heat) to make sure the temps are right and the timers/thermostats work. The more prepared you are, the less you'll worry once he gets there. Easier said than done. I know.

MoireErin

5 Year Member
Knobs of KY
pfara said:
Silly woman.. you're worrying over nothing. Just be as prepared as you can, read and re-read Tom's threads, and run your enclosure (lights and heat) to make sure the temps are right and the timers/thermostats work. The more prepared you are, the less you'll worry once he gets there. Easier said than done. I know.

LOL :D

TortoiseLuv0131

5 Year Member
Eastern USA
Congrats on the new family member!! I have no experience with sulcatas, but if I ever get the space and time I think it would be so super neat to own one. I can imagine how excited you are right now! Just focus on not having a heart attack...and keep yourself busy :p. Can't wait to see pics!! :tort::tort:

MoireErin

5 Year Member
Knobs of KY
On the way!

WOO HOO!!!

Our new family member is on his/her way!!! Should be here in the AM :D CAN"T WAIT TO MEET HIM/HER!!!

:tort: :tort: :tort: :tort: :tort: :tort: :tort:

Will post pics as soon as I get her/him settled in :cool:

Can we say that I am going to have another sleepless night? ;)

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
RE: On the way!

Sleep tonight, because you won't sleep for quite a while after you have him/her:D

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...

Save your energy, your going to need it for in those final hours of waiting. You know when the hands on the clock stop moving forward and time comes to a stand still. When no truck ever turns down your block. When you start to wonder is he lost in some airport some where? Did the plane break down? Has he been miss sorted and is on his way to Alaska or perhaps Timbuktu? Just as your about to start pulling out your hair, which has suddenly turned grey, the truck finally appears!! Your heart starts racing, palms sweat, you want to jump up and down, you can SEE the truck now!! He is almost there!! It ever so slowly (as in slow motion) comes down the street, it gets closer and closer and then... it drives on by. Did they miss you? Are they taking him/her to somebody else's home? Is the address wrong on the shipping label? Where oh where can my little tortoise be?????

:D :D :D :D :D :D

Cowboy_Ken said:
The Duchess of Cambridge had a boy!

That's not headline news like the tortoise is coming!!

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Kingman, Arizona
On the way!

The Brits may not be all that political, but something like a royal birth everyone enjoys celebrating. I might have to have a Guinness tonight even. Lol.

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...

Cowboy_Ken said:
The Brits may not be all that political, but something like a royal birth everyone enjoys celebrating. I might have to have a Guinness tonight even. Lol.

If your really going to celebrate, break open the bacon. Then you can celebrate whole hog. :D

mohamedx

5 Year Member
Congratulations ! make sure you got all the requirements for that lovely creature :D

LeopardTortLover

5 Year Member
Manchester, UK
Re: On the way!

Not long now till we get to meet our future King :D :D :D

But on a more important note... is your tortoise there?!? What are you getting? :)

Status
Not open for further replies.