OMG! Our New family member is coming early!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
A Land Far Away...
RE: On the way!

Did he/she arrive??? Did you get some sleep last night?

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA

It's 10a here...is it soup yet?

MoireErin

5 Year Member
Knobs of KY

:tort: Méraddyn Has Arrived :tort:

Jacqui~how did you know that it was going to be exactly like that? LOL

Ken~you are too funny! Yes, a new heir is important but I was much more concerned about my new arrival :D LOL

Yvonne~ LOL soup!

Laura~he/she is a sulcata :D

To recap: No, I didn't really get more than 30 mins sleep last night, YES, I waited anxiously (torture!) 10:30 came and went and then noon came and went :( Finally at about 12:30 I heard the familiar sound :) I almost jumped in the truck to get my baby!! LOL Driver handed me the precious box and I couldn't hear or see anything beside getting my baby out and checking on him/her :p

SO PRECIOUS!!! He/She is about 6" (about 2 inches bigger than I had expected!) No worries I fell in love BEFORE he/she even got here :D

Baby has been soaked, loved on (a bit) and is now checking out its new home. I even put a banquet fit for a king/queen ( ;) Ken) out for the baby for when it is ready :cool:

I only got this photo for now~I want to let our long-awaited baby get more settled before I turn into paparazzi ;) I will also see if I can tell if our baby is a boy or a girl when it is all settled :)

Attachments

• P1050232.JPG
    P1050232.JPG
    4 MB · Views: 70

pfara

10 Year Member!
Maryland
RE: Finally!!!

Beautiful name for a beautiful tort! Congrats, Moire! Keep the pics coming when the little one decides not to be camera shy.

MoireErin

5 Year Member
Knobs of KY

pfara said:
Beautiful name for a beautiful tort! Congrats, Moire! Keep the pics coming when the little one decides not to be camera shy.

Thank you :) You bet I am gonna keep the pics coming! Just hope I don't get blocked or kicked off for some many ;) LOL

immayo

5 Year Member
Mesa, AZ

Very pretty tort! I am excited for you! :D

MoireErin

5 Year Member
Knobs of KY

:tort: :tort: :tort: Méraddyn has arrived!! :tort: :tort: :tort:

So happy! Can't wait till he/she settles in so I can love on him/her and become the paparazzi!! Everything for our baby's new home is in perfect order and I even laid out a banquet that is fit for a queen/king when the baby is ready :D

So far, this is the only pic I have of him (but there WILL be more :D )

Attachments

• P1050232.JPG
    P1050232.JPG
    4 MB · Views: 44

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...

:D Great picture! She/he has a great face. Glad it arrived safely and didn't make you wait too long for it. After surviving this part of the experience, the rest is easy. ;)

mainey34

5 Year Member
Peoria, Arizona

Congrats! He/she is beautiful! Time for rest. Its been a journey...
Has anyone noticed anything with the beak? Looks like a crack? Or is it the pic?

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA

MoireErin said:
Just hope I don't get blocked or kicked off for some many ;) LOL

Only if you continue to post in the "General" category, when it should go in the "Sulcata" category! :p

mainey34

5 Year Member
Peoria, Arizona
Congratulations! Just remember one thing...Andy is just a phone call away. If you have questions, problems , he is there for you. He is a sponsor on the forum. And he knows his stuff...i bought my sulcata from him...he still comes to my house to come see how she is doing...good choice...

MoireErin

5 Year Member
Knobs of KY

Yvonne G said:
MoireErin said:
Just hope I don't get blocked or kicked off for some many ;) LOL

Only if you continue to post in the "General" category, when it should go in the "Sulcata" category! :p

oops! I am sorry :( I will fix that for the future :)

mainey34 said:
Congrats! He/she is beautiful! Time for rest. Its been a journey...
Has anyone noticed anything with the beak? Looks like a crack? Or is it the pic?

Yea, I noticed that too :( It is a small split(crack) from the very center point...Actually I was getting ready to ask if I should be really concerned with it or if there is anything I can do?

Any suggestions would be great and very much appreciated :)

Evy

5 Year Member
San Diego, CA
Congrats!!! I'm very happy for you :0))
I see something on the peak too. I hope it's just the picture

My loves:
Husband
2 dogs Blue and Baxter
3 sulcatas Donatello, Penny, and Charlie.

Yellow Turtle

5 Year Member
Indonesia
Congratulations! Most of people like to raise them from hatchlings. I'm curious what makes you decide to buy a juvenile instead.

MoireErin

5 Year Member
Knobs of KY
Yellow Turtle said:
Congratulations! Most of people like to raise them from hatchlings. I'm curious what makes you decide to buy a juvenile instead.

Sorry for the delay in reply~we were camping :cool: And yes, Méraddyn came with us, stayed in his/her own tent and had a blast! :D

We chose a yearling for a couple of reasons...1. Like you said, most want hatchlings~so we decided to go with what some might consider as 'less desirable' (kind of like adopting older cat/puppies from an animal shelter ;) )
2. We researched the requirements for the age ranges and found that the yearlings best match our lifestyle and we wanted to make sure that our new baby was going to be well taken care of with minimal chances of 'dropping the ball' in its care :)

Even though, Méraddyn is not a hatchling, he/she is still quite young enough to bond to us and our way of life :) Méraddyn has, in fact, already shown a bond to me and his/her human brother~ LOL

I hope this answers your curiosity (I knew this question was coming-LOL :) ) If not, please let me know if you have any other questions :)

Status
Not open for further replies.