new family member

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nuckysmom

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
NE Ohio
Just thought I would introduce our newest family member, nucktwo. ( he will not replace our hatchling that passed away, but he IS going to be a great addition to our family). From what I can gather he is about 3 years old and seems to be rather hearty. He weighs 2.4 lbs and is 7.5 inches. I know he has a lot of pyramiding, but I am soaking him regularly, taking him outside a much as possible and feeding him lots of grasses and hays. He seems to he happy and doing well. Thanks for checking him out! ( I hope I attached the pics right - they are from my iPhone ) I'll post more pics soon!!

Attachments

• image-580217832.png
    image-580217832.png
    303.3 KB · Views: 30
  • image-2280441111.png
    image-2280441111.png
    376.4 KB · Views: 27
  • image-217411471.png
    image-217411471.png
    1 MB · Views: 26

Arizona Sulcata

10 Year Member!
Mesa, AZ
I'm glad he's in your hands now! Looks like he's had a rough life. Welcome!! :)

l0velesly

10 Year Member!
Lynnwood, WA
I'm glad you took him in. Hopefully he gets the care he needs with you :)

AZtortMom

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Sunny AZ
Welcome! :) he is very lucky to have you in his life now

Nuckysmom

5 Year Member
NE Ohio
Thanks everyone. I'm glad to be here - any suggestions are always welcome and I'm sure I'll have some questions for you guys too.
How about mazuri? I've seen a lot of talk about on the forum but I can't get it around here- any thoughts ? I was thinking about ordering some cactus for him too...
Also- one more question , do I need to treat my water before I give it to him ? It's "city" water , he soaks in it too ( untreated) is this kosher?? Just checking...

mainey34

5 Year Member
Peoria, Arizona
Hello and welcome. The water should be fine. He almost looks as if he has some MBD going on. Couldn't tell for sure by the pics. Poor guy needs your help right now. But we all know he is in good hands...prickly pear , and mazuri would be a good addition to his diet. Along with his greens...make sure he gets lots of hydration...

Nuckysmom

5 Year Member
NE Ohio
Thanks for the re-assurance! I thought the water would be fine :) I will order some mazuri and prickly pear from someone on the forum and he loves his greens- watercress, plain parsley, orchard grass, alfafa and Timothy hays- gave him a piece of tomato for a treat this week - he was a happy torty- as for the hydration, I don't think he got much before me. As of now he gets soaked every other day for about 30 minutes and twice a day when I'm off work all day - also I am misting him throughout the day. His new tort table will be equipped with a bigger humid hide as well ( coming soon). He is very active and alert and loved going outside with me. I wish it wouldn't get cold here yet! ( maybe he can be our excuse for moving to a warmer climate - lol :)

Status
Not open for further replies.