New tortoise not eating

pip

Location (City and/or State)
California
So I've had my new Russian for about a week now. I haven't noticed even a dent in her food since I got her. :(
I think maybe it's just too cold outside for her to want to eat, so I've brought her inside until it warms up.
Do you think she'll start eating now that she'll be warmer? Will she be ok for not having eaten for a few days?

Another reason I think is that the store I got her from fed her bags of chopped salad mix with lettuce and carrots and stuff like that. I've been feeding her whole leaves of a different (healthier) variety of veggies and weeds. Maybe she doesn't know that this new food is food?

Grandpa Turtle 144

5 Year Member
Hello
ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1451191398.455076.jpg
Show us some Picts of your tort and its enclosure . And what is it's temps in the enclosure cause most of the time when a tort stops eating this time of the year it's too cold for the torts .

pip

Location (City and/or State)
California
http://www.tortoiseforum.org/threads/my-new-russian.133486/

I have a few pics of the enclosure in there. The part with the hay is completely covered except for the hole for her to get into it. She likes to dig under the dirt and green carpet part under the heat lamp to sleep though. I actually don't have a thermometer for it yet so I'm not sure of the exact temps. That and I let her have outside yard time a good portion of the day, so the temperatures are less warm when she's outside, and she mostly sleeps when she's in the heated enclosure.

Grandpa Turtle 144

5 Year Member
http://www.tortoiseforum.org/threads/my-new-russian.133486/

I have a few pics of the enclosure in there. The part with the hay is completely covered except for the hole for her to get into it. She likes to dig under the dirt and green carpet part under the heat lamp to sleep though. I actually don't have a thermometer for it yet so I'm not sure of the exact temps. That and I let her have outside yard time a good portion of the day, so the temperatures are less warm when she's outside, and she mostly sleeps when she's in the heated enclosure.
I looked at the Picts and she is an ice looking Russian but without thermometers all we can do is guess . But Russians at least my Russians seam to eat any and all broad leaf vegys .