Moderator Nomination

Status
Not open for further replies.

cvalda

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Wisconsin
I guess it's up to the mods who are being considered to state their preferances! But I would think by assigning certain forums, then people could do something that meets their knowledge better. For instance, I would love to be a mod myself for the Russian forum or maybe even Red-Foot forum (though I am still learning in both areas) but wouldn't "nominate myself" for the whole board as I would be totally out of my eliminate in the snakes area or Sulcata area, etc.

(Oh and I'm not nominating myself... not just yet... maybe in a couplefew more months when i get the feel of things more!@ LOL!)

HermanniChris

TFO Sponsor
10 Year Member!
I kinda think it would be a little better to assign a forum or forums to a particular moderator. This way a moderator can stay focussed and more work will get done. I would be more than happy to do the Hermann's forum and maybe others.;)

JustAnja

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Arkansas
I can either cover the entire board to help Josh out or he can assign me to a few boards to cover or I can just be regular old me and not cover any. Its up to him and you guys I guess. I do have many boards/sites of my own that I moderate/admin so moderating forums is not new to me at all. Its your call Josh. :)

Rees2

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Santa Cruz California
It would proably be better to assign a forum to a certain Mod.But I think forums like General Tortoise Discussion, Tortoise Photos, Off Topic Discussion, and all Other Photos should not have just one particular Mod.

egyptiandan

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
USA
I feel the same as Anja. I can do either a forum or 2 or the whole board. I have been a mod on a few other forums, so I have some experience. :D All up to Josh :p

Danny

Jentortmom

10 Year Member!
Arizona
IMO The mods should overlap on the different sections. That is a lot of work though, you could also allow all the mods to work in each section, but divide it up a little. But I also think whoever is chosen should have experience with multiple species of torts, since they will be mods for the different sections.

Danny gets my vote!!

S

stells

My vote goes to ............................................................... DANNY.
Yes i know obvious lol but Danny would be a good all round mod for the whole forum as he knows alot about well alot lol

Itort

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Iowa
Danny has my vote

PATMAN

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Pennsylvania
I vote for Danny too!

He has previous experience as a mod and great knowledge of tortoise care. He has helped me numerous times and I have always valued his advice.

Status
Not open for further replies.