Disappointed in moderators actions

Status
Not open for further replies.

lvstorts

10 Year Member!
I recently replied to a passive aggressive moderators post by 1. suggesting how the sentence could be been written non-passively aggressive, 2. illustrating an example of another thread that was similar to mine that did not get the cease-and-desist order, and 3. asked the question why one thread replies were ok and the other wasn't.

Without a word the post was deleted. I've since found out another user posted a reply to the same moderators post and it was deleted also, without a word. My following post was edited.

I am offended that a valid post in reply to a passive aggressive message was deleted by this moderator. A moderator that can't answer the VALID questions of a use, either on the post or privately, is not a moderator. He/she is a censor. It is because if these type of situations I spend as little time as I do on this forum. Going forward it will be even less.

I've had my say and I don't expect resolution. I also will not talk further about it. I'm too busy to be spending my time spinning my wheels on the computer.

My hope is the other moderators take a look at what is going on and deal with in whatever manor they see fit.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
None of us like having to censor posts. If everyone would follow the rules and post appropriately, we wouldn't have to censor. Your post and the ones following it were deleted because the moderator said, "Any further off topic posts will be deleted." What good is threatening if you're not going to follow through.

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
as always if you're unhappy with. A moderator or feel they're being unfair you can always contact the site administrator

jaizei

Unknown Member
10 Year Member!
Earth
If you had approached it through the 'right' channels, we could have discussed it. I probably would have been on your side. The way I look at the thread in question is that the OP of the thread was against the deletion of 'off topic' posts. So I would be against deleting the 'off topic', 'supportive' posts since the OP was fine with them and they were somewhat related but it seems all of the posts that were deleted were about David's post so they were rightly deleted because they actually were off the topic of the thread and questioning a moderator's post. I imagine the edited post was to preserve the worthwhile part whilst removing the antagonistic "Let's see if this post doesn't get deleted..." I probably would have removed the entire post because editing it allows you suggest that you were unfairly 'censored' when he was actually doing you a favor.

Taunting, berating, or antagonizing moderators and/or staff will not be tolerated. Issues with our 100% volunteer staff can be directed to [email protected]

If you have a problem with moderators or anything we do, take it to Josh or PM all the moderators at once. I believe in constant improvement, if we're doing something that could be better, tell him/us. Which leads me to the next point, I believe that Josh has indicated that threads like this are disruptive to the forum so it will be closed.

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
FYI I did not close this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.