JUST HAD TO SAY HOW NICE TOM IS

Status
Not open for further replies.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Chicago, Illinois, USA
I finally got to meet Tom. Took him out to dinner last week. What a nice guy. I knew he was anyway, but meeting him confirmed it. So easy to talk too, I thought I had known him forever. Also got to meet his dog Seven. My hubby fell in love with the dog and how well trained he is. Had a great time. Glad you had to work hear Tom. Give us a call anytime your in town.:)

Levi the Leopard

IXOYE
10 Year Member!
Southern Oregon
He is a super cool guy :D

I felt privileged to meet him at the CTTC show.

Lucky you, got to have some real sit down talk time with him. I was busy presenting so I only had tiny chit chat.

Heather
Sent from my Android TFO app

cemmons12

5 Year Member
Greenfield, In.
Lucky Barb! I hope to meet him someday before I am unable to travel. He is such a good guy! Always willing to help and offer great advice.

Greg T

10 Year Member!
League City, TX
I totally agree with you. Tom has been there every time I had a question and offered advice. It would be great to meet him and see all his animals one day. :D

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
All so true. He is always there to help, above and beyond. So down to earth nice guy. It was a fun time. He has great stories to tell too, some interesting stuff he has done. I could have talked with him for many more hours.

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Kingman, Arizona
All of the above is why I posted a vender review for Tom. Well, that and I know this type of thing gets him all shy and shucks like. Hehe

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Cowboy_Ken said:
All of the above is why I posted a vender review for Tom. Well, that and I know this type of thing gets him all shy and shucks like. Hehe

That's funny.

Assante

5 Year Member
Wellington you ate very lucky and I hope I get the privilege one day to meet all the people who have helped me, Tom, Joesmom, you, and all the my others. I also would like to thank you all.

Sent from my LG-MS770 using TortForum mobile app

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Kingman, Arizona
Lets all meet in Death Valley this 4th. I hear its the in thing to do right now. Lol.

DeanS

SULCATA OASIS
10 Year Member!
SoCal
Tom!?!? Tom who?

Cowboy_Ken said:
Lets all meet in Death Valley this 4th. I hear its the in thing to do right now. Lol.

You couldn't handle Death Valley...it's about 129F right now! ;)

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Can you imagine if the whole bunch of TFO members met in one place. What a hoot that would be. It would have to be for at least a week. There's too many I would want to meet and talk with. I so enjoyed meeting Tom that I could have spent the whole day with him.. So, I may need two weeks to get through all I would want to meet with.:D

Millerlite

10 Year Member!
Southern Calif.
You got Tom blushing right now lol. He seems like a great guy very helpful and first to help out

Neal

10 Year Member!
Arizona
wellington said:
Can you imagine if the whole bunch of TFO members met in one place.

I enjoy meeting TFO members and other tortoise people. The TTPG Conference is one of the better events I could think of that would be a good reason for a lot of us to meet up...

Since I'm in his debt a shirt and a lunch I would have to say that I agree with the thread subject. Not just for that though, he is a genuinely nice guy. We see a few things differently, but for the most part we've been cordial and I think he's an asset to the hobby.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Neal said:
wellington said:
Can you imagine if the whole bunch of TFO members met in one place.

I enjoy meeting TFO members and other tortoise people. The TTPG Conference is one of the better events I could think of that would be a good reason for a lot of us to meet up...

Since I'm in his debt a shirt and a lunch I would have to say that I agree with the thread subject. Not just for that though, he is a genuinely nice guy. We see a few things differently, but for the most part we've been cordial and I think he's an asset to the hobby.

I agree, about Tom of course, but also about meeting TFO members. I have met only three members so far, Tom, Tyler and Kristina. All very nice. I pm a couple more all the time and have met a couple non participating TFO members from my area. Tortoise and turtle people are so far some really great people.

mary t

5 Year Member
Lakeland, florida
Your so lucky. I have had the privilege to PM him on a few subjects and enjoyed it. I tease my husband that I'm running away to live with Tom, his animals and family in CA! So Tom if you read this when I go missing- they are looking at our place first buddy, sorry!

DeanS

SULCATA OASIS
10 Year Member!
SoCal
Cowboy_Ken said:
DeanS said:
Too true, too true. I'm complaining about the 90f we're getting here.

When I got home from work this morning...it was 102 and I told my wife...it felt like winter! :D

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Send any extra heat my way. Low 70's with a very cold wind. Even colder at night. Tom was happy to be working inside with air conditioning. So far they probably really didn't need it much.

thatrebecca

5 Year Member
Los Angeles, CA
I am seconding everyone here! And if my torts could send Tom a thank you note, they would, along with so many of you who have been so helpful to their care and wellbeing -- and to my sanity.

Status
Not open for further replies.