Oh @Tom...

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
I was flipping through the channels last night and as I landed on The CW, I saw a picture of a guy sitting in the audience of an award show and he had a dog who looked exactly like Seven sitting next to him. And the guy looked exactly like @Tom !!

Was that Seven in Dumb and Dumber To?

Last edited:

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Guilty as charged. Man. People really do watch that stuff...

I took my wife and daughter and we had a great time. Free food! I was pretty sure we wouldn't win any awards for that little 5 second bit in the movie, but it was fun anyway. "Champion" from "Parks and Rec" is another of my dogs, so it was cool to see her also.

Congrats to all the winners.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Haha, I watched it too. Pm'd Tom last night to confirm that it was him next to Seven. At first they only showed the dog, not the humans sitting with him. Then they finally showed Tom and his daughter. It was a pretty good program. Would have been better had Toms dogs won:)

Momof4

10 Year Member!
San Diego
So cool! I always think the dogs I see in commercials are Tom's. I tell my kids "my friend" Tom is the trainer!
I love the VW commercial when the bulldog ate the keys. That was yours, right?
Any others that are on now?

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
We recored it, but I haven't watched it yet. They are saying they will do it again next year. I vote for less Paris Hilton and more current movies and commercials.

A lot less Paris Hilton and more movies, commercials, and rescue stories.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Oh Tom, as I was searching for info about that show, I came across a site showing the guest and their dogs on the "green carpet". Your daughter and Seven was in one. I was going to post the link for you but now I can't find it. I'm sure if you did a search, it will pop up.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
So cool! I always think the dogs I see in commercials are Tom's. I tell my kids "my friend" Tom is the trainer!
I love the VW commercial when the bulldog ate the keys. That was yours, right?
Any others that are on now?

I don't think that one was us, but I have trainers going in all different directions all the time.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
@Tom How about the Subaru commercial where the poodle walks across the street? That one is hilarious!

I just did one like that, but it was for "Mophie" not Subaru. Might be the same dog though.

A bunch of mine will be on the SuperBowl this year. At least 3 and probably a lot more that they didn't tell me were Superbowl spots.

Prairie Mom

Oh! That's so fun! I'm so sorry I missed it! I would have loved to have seen your family:) Also, I love love LOVE Champion. Parks and Rec just got even better knowing your dog is on it from time to time:D

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Watch the video on this link. About halfway through, when they interview Paris Hilton, Tom, Seven and his daughter are behind her on the right side.

Prairie Mom

Watch the video on this link. About halfway through, when they interview Paris Hilton, Tom, Seven and his daughter are behind her on the right side.
I'm not sure if it's just my computer, but I can't see the link.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
LOL! No, it's invisible. Let me see if I can use my magic and bring it forth:

https://dishnation.com/011515-dog-awards/

This isn't the same video. I couldn't find the other one again. But before you click to start the video, that's Seven and Tom's little girl's elbow behind What's 'er name and on the right of the screen. Then watch the video, and they show up again about 3/4's through the film.

Gad that's an ugly hairless dog with the teeth and the buggy eyes. Poor thing. It looks like his eyes hurt.

Prairie Mom

Guilty as charged. Man. People really do watch that stuff...

I took my wife and daughter and we had a great time. Free food! I was pretty sure we wouldn't win any awards for that little 5 second bit in the movie, but it was fun anyway. "Champion" from "Parks and Rec" is another of my dogs, so it was cool to see her also.

Congrats to all the winners.
Tom, I was just wondering a little about your job...Are these dogs owned by other people and you are employed by studios etc to train the dogs? Do you actually own any of the dogs that you have trained for movies?

Prairie Mom

This isn't the same video. I couldn't find the other one again. But before you click to start the video, that's Seven and Tom's little girl's elbow behind What's 'er name and on the right of the screen.
Your "invisible" comment made me snort out loud like a dork..THANKS!

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA

This isn't the same video. I couldn't find the other one again. But before you click to start the video, that's Seven and Tom's little girl's elbow behind What's 'er name and on the right of the screen. Then watch the video, and they show up again about 3/4's through the film.

Gad that's an ugly hairless dog with the teeth and the buggy eyes. Poor thing. It looks like his eyes hurt.

That ugly dog was voted the ugliest dog, but the poor thing got burned when it was a pup.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Now i have to watch the super bowl much more closely then I have before. Tom, is Seven the only dog you own that is on tv? I know you train many more and it seems like I,have read about another one you owned, but besides Bullett and Seven, I can't remember who the other one would be.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
@Tom:

On Saturday, January 17th, is the National Finals of the Purina® Pro Plan® Incredible Dog Challenge® at 3 pm EST/2 pm CST on your local NBC affiliate. Do you ever compete in this type of event?