Help! Books!

lupitapliego

5 Year Member
Hi guise!
I need help choosing books! What are some of yalls favorite books and why, what're they about? How much would you recommend them?
My most favorite series is Harry Potter! :D :)

lupitapliego

5 Year Member
Jlant85 said:
TWILIGHT!

JUST KIDDING! MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

lol I never even tried reading those, they were waaaay over hyped so I chose not to! Hahahahaha then the movies made them seem kinda sucky! [FACE WITH TEARS OF JOY]

peasinapod

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Switzerland
AW: RE: Help! Books!

lupitapliego said:
Hi guise!
I need help choosing books! What are some of yalls favorite books and why, what're they about? How much would you recommend them?

If you want something REALLY long I can recommend the "Wheel of Time" series. I like that there's several main characters. If you are fed up with one it will soon change to the next one. ;)

One of my favourite books is "Brave new world" by Aldous Huxley. It is brilliant if you ask me, but some of my friends didn't like it at all. :)

lupitapliego

5 Year Member
peasinapod said:
lupitapliego said:
Hi guise!

If you want something REALLY long I can recommend the "Wheel of Time" series. I like that there's several main characters. If you are fed up with one it will soon change to the next one. ;)

One of my favourite books is "Brave new world" by Aldous Huxley. It is brilliant if you ask me, but some of my friends didn't like it at all. :)

I've actually never heard about either! :( I'll make sure to check them out! Thankssss! :)

lupitapliego

5 Year Member
Gabriela said:
If you like the Harry Potter series you should read the FableHaven Series. I too love harry potter!

I started that series when I was younger and I loved it! I managed to read 4/5 and now I don't remember anything! lol time to reread, and buy the last book. And the first ._. Which I just noticed is missing!!!
Thanks! :)

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Kingman, Arizona

HJ1983

New York City
So Harry Potter is perhaps the best children's series during my life time. If you're looking for other series in young adult books I suggest:

The hunger games - Suzanne Collins

Percy Jackson Series - Rick Riordan

The Fault in our stars - John Green.

For more adult reading:

I like reading books by Janet Evanovitch. Like her Stephanie Plum series or the Wicked series.

Try the Millennium Trilogy by Steig Larson.

I am currently reading a Sherlock Holmes book by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle that I got for $0.99 for my kindle. Very good too.

There are so many out there. I look for books to read by looking up the New York Times Best seller list.

tortgirl123

Actually twilight is really good! I know what your thinking, " wow how stupid is she? Twilight is really dumb! " yes some if it is really dumb, like how vampires are suppose to glitter in the sun :) but is your looking for a really good series that's really well written the twilight series is really good!

Oh yes! THE FAULT IN OUR STARS!!!! Don't even get me started on that. Btw I cried the whole last part of the book!

katrvt

5 Year Member
The Mercy Thompson series by Patricia Briggs is Awesome...

Depending on how old you are, the two kushiel trilogies by Jacqueline Carey are some of the best books I have ever read, but most definitely not in the young adult section.

HJ1983

New York City
tortgirl123 said:
Actually twilight is really good! I know what your thinking, " wow how stupid is she? Twilight is really dumb! " yes some if it is really dumb, like how vampires are suppose to glitter in the sun :) but is your looking for a really good series that's really well written the twilight series is really good!

Oh yes! THE FAULT IN OUR STARS!!!! Don't even get me started on that. Btw I cried the whole last part of the book!

I also like twilight. The books... Movies not so much. Fault our stars was great. Try looking for Alaska by John green. Also very good.

tortgirl123

HJ1983 said:
tortgirl123 said:

I also like twilight. The books... Movies not so much. Fault our stars was great. Try looking for Alaska by John green. Also very good.

Yea I probably will! He's a great writer!

milkandsam

5 Year Member
I love Mercedes lackey books. She had tons! I would begin with the heralds of valdemar series. They are pretty awesome

smarch

5 Year Member
Massachusetts
Have you heard of the Monument 14 series? I haven't yet read it but my friend has and it seemed really interesting to me.
I just finished the Divergent series, it was only ok, but if you haven't read it yet its something to read.
World War-Z? another I've not yet read but have on the list to read (but I'm into the zombie/apocalypse stories)
I'm assuming you've already read the hunger games?
And to add to the Twilight debate, it' is well written (although the last book lost me halfway through and I've never finished) but I feel like the biggest problem to it was people slightly younger than us who grew up with harry potter (I was kind of at the end of harry potter early twilight so less opinionated to one or the other) people were like "oh its the next harry potter... but they're completely different and non-comparable.
If you're looking to going to the library not an ereader, one of my favorite books is Beach House, by R.L. Stine, interesting thriller, definitely good for a summer beach trip!
After The First Death, I read it in school but it was a book I'd actually read before we read in class.
I hope at least one of these sounds good to you! When I run out of books on my to read list I'll definitely be hitting up this list for suggestions too :)

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I love murder mysteries. My favorite author is **** Francis (who recently died, and his son is now continuing on with the writing). I also like Robin Cook. I'm out of money lately, so I've been buying whatever Kindle has for a dollar. Not very good reading most of the time, but sometimes it surprises me.

dimitri

5 Year Member
Yes, looking for Alaska is really good! I've never read twilight, but I read the Host, which is by the same person. I was skeptical, but it turned out to be really good!

dimitri

5 Year Member
I love murder mysteries. My favorite author is **** Francis (who recently died, and his son is now continuing on with the writing). I also like Robin Cook. I'm out of money lately, so I've been buying whatever Kindle has for a dollar. Not very good reading most of the time, but sometimes it surprises me.
Can you go to a library? My mom gets free books for her ipad, and she says that they're terrible, but she's addicted to them!