Gus' outdoor enclosure

baker27

5 Year Member
Thought I would post pics of Gus outdoor enclosure. Stuff is finally starting to grow! It is 10x6ft. I have hostas, butterfly bushes and all kinds of weeds that are growing in there. Also planted some seed from Tortoise Supply. Do you think I need to add anything or make any other improvements? Any suggestions welcome! I did add another hide until the plants grow in.ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1430359888.844826.jpgImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1430359920.803650.jpgImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1430359938.803139.jpg

tortdad

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
NW Houston TX
More shade... What I would call deep shade or height up tall shade, like from a tree.

Shade from a clay pot or anything that is close to the tortoise is going to be hotter that you think. You need shade from up above from like a tree or a shade cloth. Little hides don't circulate the air and create little ovens so they need to be deep or you need shade from up above.

baker27

5 Year Member
I added 2 boards to the corners and put another hide in their until our tree in the yard gets leaves. Once that happens only half of his enclosure will be in the sun. It definitely would turn into an oven! Thanks all for your advice now if the plants would grow! Lol

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Fes, Morocco
I think it's a super little enclosure and a lovely looking tortoise.
Thanks for posting.