outdoor enclosure 2/2

Status
Not open for further replies.

bubbles1

5 Year Member
Still working on outdoor 2 RT's enclosure.....I'd appreciate any comments you might have for me. This enclosure is 8x20 ft; edible flowers and Carolina Pet Supply tortoise seeds have been planted.

Additionally, I'm also looking for suggestions pertaining to a top for the big enclosure. I have seen the chicken-wire-hardware-cloth-toppings-on-hinges, so I have looked into this option. Does anyone have any other suggestions?

6-10 belmont oreintation, g. fish tank, turtle enclosure 071.JPG
6-10 belmont oreintation, g. fish tank, turtle enclosure 074.JPG
6-10 belmont oreintation, g. fish tank, turtle enclosure 076.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
A Land Far Away...
Okay a couple of things I have questions or concerns on...

It looks like those bricks/rocks are being used to hold the side fabric up or atleast are just sitting on top of the rail. I worry that they may get pulled or knocked into the tortoise enclosure and onto the Russians. :(

Do you have a lip on the inside of the pen? My concern here is if they could climb the sides and get out. If I remember correctly in the first thread you had already addressed the digging out concerns, so no issues there.

Looks very nice and it's a very nice size for them. :) You should have many enjoyable hours sitting outside and watching the two of them. You worked hard on this enclosure and it really shows. I really look forward to seeing how it looks once the plants grow!

bubbles1

5 Year Member
Jacqui said:
Okay a couple of things I have questions or concerns on...

It looks like those bricks/rocks are being used to hold the side fabric up or atleast are just sitting on top of the rail. I worry that they may get pulled or knocked into the tortoise enclosure and onto the Russians. :(

Do you have a lip on the inside of the pen? My concern here is if they could climb the sides and get out. If I remember correctly in the first thread you had already addressed the digging out concerns, so no issues there.

The bricks are coming down today because this morning we are working on the top for the enclosure....

They can't get out because we built the lip about 4 in. over the sides.

Thanks so much for the suggestions. This forum is awesome!!!

Looks very nice and it's a very nice size for them. :) You should have many enjoyable hours sitting outside and watching the two of them. You worked hard on this enclosure and it really shows. I really look forward to seeing how it looks once the plants grow!

bubbles1

5 Year Member
doubledfight said:
wow, really nice. i like it.

Thank you....I've always been an animal lover, too. It makes me happy to see my animals happy.....

doubledfight

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Arkansas
bubbles1 said:
doubledfight said:
wow, really nice. i like it.

Thank you....I've always been an animal lover, too. It makes me happy to see my animals happy.....

yeahh , im def. an animal love as well , i just love to see them happpy aha.

Status
Not open for further replies.