Don't trade with Mr. McGee in MS!

Status
Not open for further replies.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Chicago, Illinois, USA
I can't believe he still lurks on here. I wish he could be banned. There is only one reason he is here and that's probably to catch the newbie selling a tort or turt, that has t heard about him yet. I will from ow on try to remember to post the link to this thread on every newbies intro.

lokismom

5 Year Member
That is so sad. My heart breaks for you. I know how attached I am to my guys.

10mm

5 Year Member
Cowboy_Ken said:
In the state of Oregon, animal theft is a felonious crime. I would pursue charges.

As far as I know.... so is Internet Fraud. And any fraud involving the USPO is also a felony. Not sure how he shipped the turtles?

travisc

5 Year Member
Indiana
that same guy wanted to trade a female red foot for two male red foots. when I talked to him on the phone I thought he sounded dumb or drunk. after talking with him for a couple days I new something was up with this guy and told him I would be able to ship my torts.

wouldn't ship my tortoises

DesertGrandma

10 Year Member!
Arizona
Just saw this thread for the first time. Ugh. What a jerk. I looked and (s)he was on here yesterday lurking. Hope you have turned him in to the authorities. Personally I would go after him federally, ie. mail fraud, tax evasion, FCC, etc. Get enough information to search him out on the internet...address, names, cell phone location, computer IP addresses, etc.. etc... Let him know he is no longer safe on this site!!

african cake queen

5 Year Member
ct.usa
that guys a creep, i would get him, or make his life hell. any legal way i could. mans a Rat! PEOPLE BEWARE!

bigsteaks

5 Year Member
Deptford NJ
Why doesn't a GREAT member from TFO that live near him roll over to his house and get your turtles back. Just knock on his door and say that I am hear for my turtles. He will crap himself and most likely hand them over. That person could ship them back to you. May seem like a lot of trouble but someone might be willing to help that lives near there???? I would if I lived near.

Minority1

5 Year Member
bigsteaks said:
Why doesn't a GREAT member from TFO that live near him roll over to his house and get your turtles back. Just knock on his door and say that I am hear for my turtles. He will crap himself and most likely hand them over. That person could ship them back to you. May seem like a lot of trouble but someone might be willing to help that lives near there???? I would if I lived near.

Because in the real world stupid stunts like that can either get in trouble with the law or killed yourself. This is a job for the authorities not for "joe member." You can easily get arrested for harassment or assault theses days. Not to mention there shouldn't be any third party involved in this dispute.

It's gonna be a long shot but I hope the scammer gets what he deserves.

travisc

5 Year Member
Indiana
when that sorry p.o.s. wanted to trade with me I new something wasn't write with him so I didn't trade with him. after reading this form I gave him a call today and gave him a peace of my mind. if any other members want to do the same his phone number is 662-303-7192

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
travisc said:
when that sorry p.o.s. wanted to trade with me I new something wasn't write with him so I didn't trade with him. after reading this form I gave him a call today and gave him a peace of my mind. if any other members want to do the same his phone number is 662-303-7192

Good for you. The only problem is, that sorry p.o.s. lurks on here all the time. He probably already changed his number.

robopeen

5 Year Member
SF Bay Area
Can we have a master list of people that shouldn't be traded with? I'm starting to think that someone else on this forum also needs to be added.

BeeBee*BeeLeaves

5 Year Member
Orange County, So Cal
Mr.Mcgee or AKA whatever you use. You pay karma before you die. Stop being a cheater. Or, good luck with the rest of your life without a soul.

sibi

10 Year Member!
Florida, USA
We'll just have to keep this post alive...all the time...so that no one deals with this character. Although, frankly, I would think he's using another alias and has a different location. The point is, trade with no one unless they are very well known in the business.

BeeBee*BeeLeaves

5 Year Member
Orange County, So Cal
People who use animals ... to hurt or cheat or steal ... are doing the work of the devil. Ya hear me McGee aka? I'm looking at you mister.

Sh3wulf

5 Year Member
First time I am reading through this thread and how very disappointing to read about someone taking advantage of people's trust and stealing animals.

If you have copies of all or even most of your correspondence and if he instructed you to use the shipping method in any of them, that shows intent. You can prove he falsified his offer with that forum picture, thus implying he had no intent to ship you the promised specimens, therefore his offer was fraudulent. He can be prosecuted, and with any luck your pets can be recovered from him.

He should not be allowed to continue to do this. Sometimes someone willing to pursue the wrong doer is all it takes to spring the door on a whole ring of theft.

I would encourage you to bug the hell out of the sherrifs. With an address, correspondence, phone numbers and a signature you have all the evidence they need to conduct a lawful investigation and possibly get a court order to inspect his property and residence.

I will end with what an a$$ I think this guy is and how angry it makes me to read this. I feel so bad for these animals and their unsuspecting owners.

haidao88

5 Year Member
There was something like this online where they actually found where the guy lived and pretended to buy back the bike, which was sold thru craiglist after stolen from them three states away, they recorded the event and put him under citizen arrest and of course contacted the police, it could be done but it's hard. Best is to contact the police in his state n keep bothering them to check out his place. Keep all pics and records of your boxies and shipping Infos and his signature of receiving your 5 boxies

My tortoise Peach hates apples

Status
Not open for further replies.