Rye isn't being himself

Status
Not open for further replies.

uilani104

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Hawaii
Rye isn’t feeling well again. I don’t know what happened he was doing fine. Then yesterday when I got home from work he was not active. He didn’t eat much last night or this morning also. I haven’t changed our routine since he got sink. Daily soaks, sun and heating throughout the day. Took away the uvb light at the request of the dr. He said the temperature was too high for them, being that they were babies.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Instead of removing the light altogether, just raise it up a bit. You want your habitat to be in the 80 degree range except for right under the light (warmer). and a nice warm soak.

onarock

5 Year Member
Hawaii
Uilani, its been a bit colder than usual at night here in Haiku, hows the night temp in Hilo? And, I would agree with Yvonne raise it up till you can reach the proper temp, dont remove it.

uilani104

5 Year Member
Hawaii
onarock said:
Uilani, its been a bit colder than usual at night here in Haiku, hows the night temp in Hilo? And, I would agree with Yvonne raise it up till you can reach the proper temp, dont remove it.

Okay! I'll make sure to raise it up.

I live in Ka'u. It's high 70's in the morning and evening. During the day it's HOT!!! His meds indicate I should give it to him for 7 days. Should I give him the little that is left?

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Even though the symptoms seem to go away after the first couple of doses, one should ALWAYS continue giving the medication for the length of time the vet suggested.

onarock

5 Year Member
Hawaii
uilani104 said:
onarock said:

Okay! I'll make sure to raise it up. It's high 70's in the morning and evening. During the day it's HOT!!! His meds indicate I should give it to him for 7 days. Should I give him the little that is left?

you should probably ask your vet

uilani104

5 Year Member
Hawaii
emysemys said:
Even though the symptoms seem to go away after the first couple of doses, one should ALWAYS continue giving the medication for the length of time the vet suggested.

Okay! I continued giving him his meds! I thought for a second I may have overdosed him

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Are they getting daily direct sunshine? If yes then you don't need a MVB.

What is the lowest the temp gets at night in the enclosure?

uilani104

5 Year Member
Hawaii
Tom said:
Are they getting daily direct sunshine? If yes then you don't need a MVB.

What is the lowest the temp gets at night in the enclosure?

yes they're getting daily direct sunshine. The lowest the temp gets is 75. But they have the black light the dr. suggested me getting on throughout the night. The spot the he sleeps in his hide gets direct heat. Then later in the night he moves to a different spot.

M

Maggie Cummings

Nighttime light is good, how's he acting now? Is he eating ? Are you keeping him outside during the day and in at night?

uilani104

5 Year Member
Hawaii
maggie3fan said:
Nighttime light is good, how's he acting now? Is he eating ? Are you keeping him outside during the day and in at night?

He ate and he's active. A lot more active then this morning and during my lunch break. I keep him outside part of the day then in the house during the night

Status
Not open for further replies.