Status
Not open for further replies.

Pokeymeg

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Boston, MA
wellington said:
Pokeymeg said:
I like the superbowl for the commercials, the company, and the annual betting pool :) I'll be making delicious ribs in my slow-cooker with my secret recipe ;-) mmmmm Can't wait!

You should share your secret with is. We won't tell anyone:D

Hahaha I allllmost fell for that one :)

jaizei

Unknown Member
10 Year Member!
Earth
Len said:
wellington said:
jaizei said:

They always get away with it. Athletes shouldn't be looked upon as royalty like they are. Heck, do any of them have any morales?

It happened in Miami years ago and he was cleared of all charges. In fact I am not sure he was ever actually charged with anything, just in the wrong place at the wrong time, maybe.

He plead out. Not sure I would call that "cleared of all charges". The two men he agreed to testify against were acquitted.

The rich and famous don't cop a plea for nothing. A misdemeanor is better than gambling with a trial. If he had been a regular person he would be on death row right now.

Len B

10 Year Member!
Southern Md - Northern Neck Va
jaizei said:
Len said:
wellington said:
jaizei said:

They always get away with it. Athletes shouldn't be looked upon as royalty like they are. Heck, do any of them have any morales?

It happened in Miami years ago and he was cleared of all charges. In fact I am not sure he was ever actually charged with anything, just in the wrong place at the wrong time, maybe.

He plead out. Not sure I would call that "cleared of all charges". The two men he agreed to testify against were acquitted.

The rich and famous don't cop a plea for nothing. A misdemeanor is better than gambling with a trial. If he had been a regular person he would be on death row right now.

Alsty

5 Year Member
Not sure why it posted two pics, but even though the Bears have our hearts, Wilson and I will be cheering for the Niners on Sunday!

bigred

10 Year Member!
Southern California
I have never watched it and dont know whos playing. I have never followed football. Im watching the fights right now

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
bigred said:
I have never watched it and dont know whos playing. I have never followed football. Im watching the fights right now

Fights. Not the WWF those are fake:p :D

DeanS

SULCATA OASIS
10 Year Member!
SoCal
All I know is Super Bowl Sunday means...PUPPY BOWL IX...on Animal Planet! Haven't cared about football since the Rams left LA...and it wasn't my favorite game in town then!

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
DeanS said:
All I know is Super Bowl Sunday means...PUPPY BOWL IX...on Animal Planet! Haven't cared about football since the Rams left LA...and it wasn't my favorite game in town then!

I love the puppy bowl. The commentary is really good I think too. The pups, well so darn cute.

Tortus

5 Year Member
Maryland
Murderer? Must be talking about Ray Lewis. But nothing was ever proven. This will be his last game.

Yeah, the Colts left Baltimore back in the 80's I believe. I remember my dad telling me they snuck out of the city in the middle of the night since the fans were protesting. The Ravens came around years later.

I'd like to see Baltimore win not only because it's my home team, but because Ray Lewis has been with them from the beginning and has been the most inspirational team captain I've ever seen. He's been the face of the ravens, on video game covers, etc. I think a superbowl win as his last game would be great.

Kerryann

5 Year Member
West Bloomfield MI
jaizei said:

Yes that is who my husband says is a murderer. He thinks he got away with it because he is rich and famous.
I can't wait. I am trying to figure out if I should do decorations.

harris

10 Year Member!
Ohio
49 ers for two reasons....
They have 4 Ohio State Buckeyes on their team and, (I can't believe no one mentioned this) their quarterback has a great, big Sulcata tortoise that he's had since he was a child.

kathyth

10 Year Member!
Beaumont, CA.
I plan to go hiking in the mountains and dosome gardening in tortoise enclosures, for Spring.
I don't care for football but hope that those who love it have a great time. I wish I did like it!
I'm rooting for your team!!
:p

Deltadawn465

5 Year Member
Hello all, new here & will be seeking tortoise advice but thought I d start on this thread. Will be watching SuperBowl with some college friends & rooting for the 49er s!!

Terry Allan Hall

5 Year Member
The Republic O' Tejas
My trio, Too Hot For Snakes, is performing in Oklahoma, @ the 2013 NON-SUPER BOWL PARTY @ TUCKER'S (where folks who don't care about football gather and party hearty!)... :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.