degus!!! :) :)

johnandjade

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
scotland
one phone call later, we are getting a free cage :). going to try get the same one we have and sell it ;) retails around £250. going in store to tell them i want cost of nutering covered as well. hee hee hee.

johnandjade

5 Year Member
scotland
baby degu is still doing well, him'ish is doing a great job! being very attentive to pups calls, made a nice cozy nest and only leaves nest for a short time to eat or check things out.

baby has been out exploring already, him'ish is quick to carry him/her back up to nest. we have placed a pillow underneath the nest hammock to cushion pups leaps of faithImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1463722927.619854.jpg

johnandjade

5 Year Member
scotland
baby is now 24hrs old so hopefully that means the little one will survive :). still reluctant to get attached as I think it's 6 weeks before they stop nursing, but can eat regular pellets after a couple days! I have total faith in him'ishs' maternal instincts as she has been focused 100% on pup. we are feeding here extra goodies to help her recovery... but you couldn't tell at all! she is still running away in the wheel, though not for long as baby will squeek and duty calls!

an amazing outcome, glad jade picked them :) so now it's time to swat on care again, thankfully jade has joined a degu forum and we have available information.... but I'm sticking with TFO :D

just waiting on jade finishing work then it off to pets at home to complain;) , i best get into character! i plan on leaving with basics for cage... bottle, wheel etc.. as well as a new cage they sell at £270, the cheepist is £90.... I'll settle for store credit... AND the cost of nutering to be covered as well as any other incurred vet costs. game on ;)

johnandjade

5 Year Member
scotland
freebies:D ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1463764486.068746.jpg

around £70- £90 worth:). they will neuter baldrick ( sorry pal ) and pup if male for free. have to contact customer service as cage is not a stock item but should be given:). result!

johnandjade

5 Year Member
scotland
free stuff in place, baldrick is alot happier now he has a wheel and stimulation :) we took out the pilow as were informed fibers could be an issue, stuffed pillow case with staw and replaced. ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1463770752.711594.jpgImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1463770774.263080.jpgImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1463770793.579705.jpg

the pup all going well will be out and about in a few days! so the nasty looking make do will hopefully be tidyed up this weekend.

johnandjade

5 Year Member
scotland
so him'ish has moved pup into nest box... hopefully that means the little one will be out and about more:D

mum is still very protective, will bark at me if i get too close or stay too long. which is awesome! she has always been a lot more comfortable with jade so guess I just have to take a back seat:(. ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1463815658.551282.jpg

we had to remove wheel from the 'nursery' as babys can be squished by then :(. daddy got a wheel in the 'penthouse' and is happy as larry.. he has been in it 90% last night and back at it this morning:)