Got a new bug yesterday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kenny

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Tempe, Az
picked up this gorgeous lady yesterday. I absolutely love this species (Bohmei). whether you like spiders or not, you gotta admit she's purdy lol

spiders001.jpg

Floof

10 Year Member!
Southern California
Aaah, I love Brachy's! I thought about getting a boehmei at one point, but passed, figuring I'd save my space and money for a smithi or an auratum... I'm still kicking myself for not doing it. Especially since I never did quite get around to getting my smithi or auratum... Oh well. I'll just have to get all three. :D

She's beautiful, congrats on the new addition!

Kenny

5 Year Member
Tempe, Az
Floof said:
Aaah, I love Brachy's! I thought about getting a boehmei at one point, but passed, figuring I'd save my space and money for a smithi or an auratum... I'm still kicking myself for not doing it. Especially since I never did quite get around to getting my smithi or auratum... Oh well. I'll just have to get all three. :D

She's beautiful, congrats on the new addition!

You're leaving out emilia.

1026spiders004.jpg

Floof

10 Year Member!
Southern California
Mmm, yes, emilia, too. At my last pet store job, we had a couple nice little emilia slings. The thought crossed my mind more than once... :p

Kenny

5 Year Member
Tempe, Az
Floof said:
Mmm, yes, emilia, too. At my last pet store job, we had a couple nice little emilia slings. The thought crossed my mind more than once... :p

Emilia is by far my favorite Brachy. Highly under-rated imo. I'm waiting for my Male to molt, and hopefully that lady I just posted will make a Man out of him.

jtrux

5 Year Member
San Antonio, TX
Ive got a few brachys, smithi and a curly hair (cant remember sci name). My smithi is about 2", ive had it since it was a little dot. Also have chaco golden knee, couple rose hairs that were given to me and a bird eater.

Kenny

5 Year Member
Tempe, Az
jtrux said:
Ive got a few brachys, smithi and a curly hair (cant remember sci name). My smithi is about 2", ive had it since it was a little dot. Also have chaco golden knee, couple rose hairs that were given to me and a bird eater.

Albopilosum.

There's a forum being built buy the admin here..
http://www.tarantulaforum.com/

jtrux

5 Year Member
San Antonio, TX
Ill have to check that out, thanks. Do your brachys tend to burrow a lot. Im not a real experienced keeper, just been involved for a few years and noticed that mine all tend to burrow to some extend...i take that back, my curly hair prefers hides that I offer him/her.

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
Tarantulas are not spiders.

Kenny

5 Year Member
Tempe, Az
jtrux said:
Ill have to check that out, thanks. Do your brachys tend to burrow a lot. Im not a real experienced keeper, just been involved for a few years and noticed that mine all tend to burrow to some extend...i take that back, my curly hair prefers hides that I offer him/her.

only my small ones. 3" + don't burrow at all. They don't even use their hides.

dmmj said:
Tarantulas are not spiders.

Sure they are. They're just large hairy spiders , with a few distinct differences from the true spiders we often think of. The original Tarantula was the "wolf Spider".

Status
Not open for further replies.