Anyone have small critters?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RosieRedfoot

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Columbia, SC
I have two gerbils and used to have a lot more gerbils; have had hamsters, degus, mice, spiny mice, dwarf hamsters, guinea pigs, rabbits, and twice hedgehogs. A lot were brief fosters for a small pet rescue I ran.

But here are pictures of my two gerbils:

ImageUploadedByTortForum1372044227.989497.jpg

ImageUploadedByTortForum1372044265.281223.jpg

I need to get some better pictures one of these days.

Anyone else with "pocket pets" feel free to share your pics!

Last edited by a moderator:

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Very cute gerbs you have there. I used to have rats, hamster, hedge hog. Now just have two torts, turtle, dog, cat, bird, crab, two lizards and marine fish.

tiff3grl

10 Year Member!
Arizona
I have had multiple hamsters.....I actually had to bury one tonight :( He wasn't sick, just old age.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using TortForum mobile app

RosieRedfoot

5 Year Member
Columbia, SC
Sorry to hear it. My little dwarf robo hamster died a little over a week ago of old age too so I know how it goes. Here's a picture of him after an intense running wheel binge:

ImageUploadedByTortForum1372048478.597151.jpg

He was a rescue Craigslist freebie due to the kid tiring of caring for him. I don't know how old he was but they had him for about 1.5-2 and I had him almost a year so that's up there in dwarf ham years.

Feel free to share pics of past/present. I'm one of those people that don't feel rodents are just kid starter pets. I've owned gerbils for over half my life.

Crazy rodent person :p

~~~(_)^•>=

Last edited by a moderator:

theelectraco

5 Year Member
I have had everything. Hedgehogs, ferrets, hamsters, mice, rats, rabbits, and currently have a chinchilla.

0.1.0 Dachshund
0.0.1 Redfoot
1.0.0 Greek

CourtneyG

5 Year Member
Auburn, Alabama
I have had a hamster and a rat. I currently have leopard geckos, halloween crab, and a tarantula. Not that many warm body little critters in my life.

Beck

10 Year Member!
Lakeland/Central FL
I've had hamsters, rats, gerbils, and rabbits. Looked into getting a hedgehog but they're illegal in GA. So we started a search for something else, and decided tortoise fit the bill!

I loved the rats but we let them roam the apartment a lot and they were so messy. We didn't have a dog at the time so they were our "puppies".

Sent from my Nexus 7 using TortForum mobile app

EchoTheLeoTort

5 Year Member
United States
besides my reptiles of a ball python, argentine tegu, leopard tortoise, hermit crabs... I've had - hamsters, rats, mice, guinea pig, rabbits, gerbil, hedgehog, dogs, a cat, fish, thats about it i think

RosieRedfoot

5 Year Member
Columbia, SC
I miss ratties and may get a pair as my next critter. I was at a used book store and one of the free books was a rat care book and flipping through it made me want rats again. Maybe in a year or two since that's about how long half my current pets have to live.

ALDABRAMAN

KEEPER AT HEART
10 Year Member!
SW Forida
We have a skunk named Possum.

2jc7n7p.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.