COLD DARK ROOM

Maggie3fan

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
PacificNorthWest
Good morning all, it's a lovely day here today but this is the calm before the storm.
Heavy rain and high winds are expected tomorrow and in to Thursday.
I don't mind the rain - it's the strong winds that make me nervous.
Shouldn't complain really it's not been too bad lately.
Hope everyone has a good Tuesday.
We had that storm yesterday, high winds and pouring rain. Wind has always scared me. In my big truck I was always afraid of being blown over. Now that I'm older, I am still afraid of wind, as I don't want a house to land on me...

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
Good morning!?
AWSOME JOB PRUNING!!!!!
The tree looks amazing!!!
Can you come do mine?? ?
My one tree is hanging on my neighbors shed after the storms this winter..
I cannot wait to get out there and cut it...
Once again, you did an amazing job!!

Thanks.....now the shredding of the limbs. I have a shredder that will do nice work - turn it into mulch for the flower beds.

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
We did another 10 mile walk today round - it was lovely in the spring sunshine. Unfortunately, as Lyn has said, this is the calm before the storm!

Hadlow Tower - a folly that is now a holiday home
2F4613C6-BF24-47A9-85A5-B742CB971755.jpeg

An old bridge at Yalding
378AFC2A-E4CA-484B-8644-577E8AEA690A.jpeg

Picnic lunch spot by the river Medway. This river is a navigation, but they’re maintaining the lock gates downstream so they have lowered the level.
10609A60-4755-48E2-AC33-8E59234DD883.jpeg

An American Mink. This isn’t a native species . Animal rights activists released them from a fur farm years ago and now they’re doing enormous damage to native wildlife. I have reported the sighting.
06FE921C-B2BF-4442-91AB-2935CA5D077F.jpeg

A Little Egret
26E5B37C-CA60-45CA-985C-329F928911A0.jpeg

Braeden p

Pottstown PA
I really liked your cube in a cube sculpture of wood and wanted to share a picture because, Another of my brothers retired from the airforce. He's taking a college course working with metal. He made a cube in a cube and shared a picture of it today with me. He loves working with metal like that because it feels like sculpturing to him. When I first saw yours I thought of him... and vice versa.View attachment 311716
I just got my first lathe and that takes skill to get good finish on alum and those cubes are so cool im going to make one once i get a 4 jaw chuck for my lathe

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
G’day all. Finally some much nicer weather on the near horizon. Finished pruning our front Maple tree yesterday, it’s good for a few more years. Off kayaking tomorrow, today cleaning up the pruned limbs.

Finished Pruning
View attachment 320347

And the Outlook
View attachment 320346
Our clocks don't go forward until the last Sunday of the month which I think is the 28th.

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
We had that storm yesterday, high winds and pouring rain. Wind has always scared me. In my big truck I was always afraid of being blown over. Now that I'm older, I am still afraid of wind, as I don't want a house to land on me...
I'm a bit worried about my old wooden conservatory.
It's coming down this spring - if the winds don't do it for me this week.
I certainly won't be spending much time out there in the next few days. :eek:

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
I just got my first lathe and that takes skill to get good finish on alum and those cubes are so cool im going to make one once i get a 4 jaw chuck for my lathe
I think it's such a great skill. I wish I could. I'm not able because I just can't do the machines. The noise and vibration bothers me. I feel more at peace with hand tools.

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Our clocks don't go forward until the last Sunday of the month which I think is the 28th.
I think ours spring forward next week. Maybe this year it won't be so bothersome. I'm doing everything an hour earlier including bedtime. That means I'll be able to stay up until 9pm instead of 8?

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA

Hey, do you have a wood lathe or a metal lathe? The one I made I was able to use my drill press.

Chefdenoel10

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
New Jersey
As requested fence! I made the gate out of a pice of fence and 2” square tube. Gate open has stops so it can’t be pushed open by the Leopard. Just waiting to pickup the reed fencing that I will line the fence with to make it safer and fancier. The gate area will get full bamboo pieces to cover it since it borders the dog area. Beautiful weather this week in RVA almost 70 today

View attachment 320352View attachment 320353

Now THATS better!
That looks really good!
I like your tort house (especially the “Hello Kitty” sticker MY FAVORITE) ?
You did a great job!
Gives me inspiration....
Oh....yea......
and how was the creme brûlée? ?
Didn’t make mine yet....?

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
Reed fence up and started the big bamboo barrier. Do I have to unban the mulch or will my Leopard tear em apart and spread it like he does with everything else in his indoor enclosure. Well y’all have a good rest of the day off to play tennis with the wife
Unbag the mulch and let him spread it. If your tort unbags it by shredding the bag, there’ll be plstics released into the environment which isn’t good. We need to be careful with plastics

EllieMay

5 Year Member
East Texas
My very closest friend and caregiver suffered a stroke Saturday morning. My caregiver, she's even younger than I, but crap this wasn't supposed to happen. It has taken me by surprise, I never expected this, and I am shocked and not quite sure how to act or feel.
Oh no... I’m so sorry for her and for you. I do hope she is able to make a full recovery. Hugs Maggie!

EllieMay

5 Year Member
East Texas
CDR Virtual Vacations presents On this day 2020: We spent the day on a lengthy hike through Sydney Harbour National Park roughly following the line of the bay. The wildlife ID thoroughly tested us; thank goodness for the internet!

View attachment 320337

New Holland Honeyeater View attachment 320338

Arboreal Termite nestView attachment 320339

Tiger MothView attachment 320340View attachment 320341

Laughing Kookaburras View attachment 320342

MillipedeView attachment 320343

Water DragonView attachment 320344
THAT TERMITE NEST IS THE STUFF IF NIGHTMARES ?

EllieMay

5 Year Member
East Texas
Your no wicked witch, though you could very well get blown away!