COLD DARK ROOM

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Kent, South East England
I just checked my trail cameras. The hedgehog has visited every night since emerging from hibernation. And a fox knows there’s food to be had, but can’t get to it :) The food is supermarket kitten biscuits which are cheaper, and generally better quality, than some of the hedgehog food brands.
52C41BD8-3376-49A6-99C2-C37AAA402948.jpegD3F269F1-0657-4783-9968-635ADEDDF515.jpeg

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
I just checked my trail cameras. The hedgehog has visited every night since emerging from hibernation. And a fox knows there’s food to be had, but can’t get to it :) The food is supermarket kitten biscuits which are cheaper, and generally better quality, than some of the hedgehog food brands.
View attachment 320298View attachment 320299
Are your trail cameras wired Linda?
Mine uses 8 batteries which don't last long at all even with everything on the lowest settings.

EllieMay

5 Year Member
East Texas
CDR Virtual Vacations presents On this day 2020: We did a day trip to Taronga Zoo. Lots of really good displays of native species

Koala
View attachment 320285

Red Kangaroo View attachment 320286

EmuView attachment 320287

KoalaView attachment 320288

CassowaryView attachment 320289

Tasmanian DevilView attachment 320290WallabyView attachment 320291

A very exotic looking pigeonView attachment 320292

Not native but very cute 13 month old tigerView attachment 320293

As interesting as what’s on display is the native wildlife that is roaming free at Taronga. Water Dragons are everywhere just basking on paths, rocks or swimming in any available water.
View attachment 320294

Brush turkeys are everywhere too.
View attachment 320295

Kookaburras are on the lookout for small children with sandwiches
View attachment 320296

and the spiders are huge.
View attachment 320297
Ohhh MY HEART!!! I just loved this at least 20 times!!

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
Reading on reasons why tortoises get worms. I found out the poo that snails and slugs leave behind can be a cause. I have a ton of snails and find them on the cactus. Guess I will start washing the cactus before Opo eats them.

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
Reading on reasons why tortoises get worms. I found out the poo that snails and slugs leave behind can be a cause. I have a ton of snails and find them on the cactus. Guess I will start washing the cactus before Opo eats them.

Hey @Ray--Opo check with Opo, he might want his cactus served up authentically! (Ps....my pads are starting to grow & soon ready to go back outside - maybe next weekend.)

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
My yard is full of snails. Maybe that's why Sapphire is so picky about what blade of grass he'll eat. He's a total vegan and sniffs everything before he eats it. I've always thought that might be why.

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
Are your trail cameras wired Linda?
Mine uses 8 batteries which don't last long at all even with everything on the lowest settings.
Mine are all battery powered. One only likes good quality non-rechargeable batteries ... I’m using Energizer Ultimate Lithium AA.

The other two have rechargables. Someone recommended Panasonic Eneloop Pro batteries and they are way better than anything else I’ve tried. I got them from Amazon

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
Yes, unfortunately snail and slug trails are responsible for a lot of parasite transmission.

Hedgehogs get lungworm from eating slugs and snails and from the trail being on other foods.

You do need to be scrupulous with hygiene. Make sure dishes get washed thoroughly every day. Hose off slabs user as plates. Remove leftover food outdoors at the end of the day.

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Hey @Ray--Opo check with Opo, he might want his cactus served up authentically! (Ps....my pads are starting to grow & soon ready to go back outside - maybe next weekend.)

Florida is a good place to find them in any grocery store. A few years ago we had them in krogers but not lately. I looked because I wanted to try them myself. I love okra, zucchini, and those types of plants with mucilage.

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
I would love to watch it. If I knew the station and time plus name of the show. I'm almost certain the reason I got to watch the highschool thing from Carol was it was televised. Maybe not but I remember it took a little bit to find it.
BBC1 Escape to the country 3pm GMT today, repeated at 7am GMT Thursday on BBC2.

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
Mine are all battery powered. One only likes good quality non-rechargeable batteries ... I’m using Energizer Ultimate Lithium AA.

The other two have rechargables. Someone recommended Panasonic Eneloop Pro batteries and they are way better than anything else I’ve tried. I got them from Amazon
Thanks I'll take a look at Amazon.
I've been using Duracell Ultra but will try the Panasonic.

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
BBC1 Escape to the country 3pm GMT today, repeated at 7am GMT Thursday on BBC2.
I did find out I have to do a VPN to do this. I remember doing that but I'm not brave enough today. I did find it though. It's series 21: 28 High Weald.?. Maybe my computer would be better as my phone doesn't have a lot of gigs and the app may take too many.?