COLD DARK ROOM

EllieMay

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
East Texas
Reed fence up and started the big bamboo barrier. Do I have to unban the mulch or will my Leopard tear em apart and spread it like he does with everything else in his indoor enclosure. Well y’all have a good rest of the day off to play tennis with the wife
Really nice!!!

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
THAT TERMITE NEST IS THE STUFF IF NIGHTMARES ?
Nah! Unlike most creatures in Australia, they’re harmless.

That is the real difference between New Zealand and Australia ... In New Zealand pretty much everything is harmless. In Australia everything wants to kill you. ?

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
And look what I received in the mail yesterday... These fit much better than the ones we can buy here .....not to mention the cuteness... Thank you Linda, we love them!View attachment 320379
Fourteen days door to door. That’s not too bad considering ? Glad you like them

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
LOL! Had to laugh out loud at the microwave comment. You're right, of course. It was about 30 years old, maybe older, and still worked perfectly fine, however, when my daughter had to come here to help me with during my infirmity (?) she worried that such an old microwave might be leaking out harmful rays, so she bought me a new one for Christmas. And yes, it took three strong men to move the old one outta' there!!
Dang weaklings...?

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Fantastic pics again.

Kookaburra sits on an old gum tree
Merry little king of the bush is he
Laugh Kookaburra, laugh kokkaburra
How gay your life must be.
(A song we used to sing in school when I was a kid and never forgotten)

Isn't that the QM2 in your harbour pics?
I used to sing it too. ?

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Our walk today was at Sevenoaks Wildlife Reserve. Lots of signs of spring: courting Great Crested Grebes,
View attachment 320183View attachment 320186

FrogspawnView attachment 320184

Rowdy Canada Geese
View attachment 320188

Grey heron on the nest with partner nearby
View attachment 320187View attachment 320190

Common Gull (which isn’t that common)
View attachment 320185

Mr and Mrs Shoveller
View attachment 320189

Mr Tufted Duck
View attachment 320191

View attachment 320192View attachment 320193
I've looked and looked for this post. I fell in love with the grebe couple. Well... I received my favorite magazine today. There was a picture in it I thought you might enjoy.IMG_20210309_155926243.jpg

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
And look what I received in the mail yesterday... These fit much better than the ones we can buy here .....not to mention the cuteness... Thank you Linda, we love them!View attachment 320379
Yea that's no.2 on my projects. Or no.1..Well I have 2 projects both taking priority.?

Braeden p

Pottstown PA
Hey, do you have a wood lathe or a metal lathe? The one I made I was able to use my drill press.
Both the wood lathe is a rikon 12 by 24 my metal lathe is a 1941 hardinge tr 59 pretty machine for sure I will scrape the cross slide that is when’s you use a tool and it scrapes the metal And adds spot for oil and it makes it really flat

Jan A

Boulder, CO
We had that storm yesterday, high winds and pouring rain. Wind has always scared me. In my big truck I was always afraid of being blown over. Now that I'm older, I am still afraid of wind, as I don't want a house to land on me...
There's a highway in Colorado between Boulder & Golden with several canyons to the West of the highway famous for winds toppling trucks because the wind picks up volume roaring down the canyons. For some strange reason, on the east side of the highway is where the feds decided to erect the national wind energy testing site for wind turbines back in the early 80s. It's still there, BTW.

But I think the worst winds I"ve ever encountered are at Lake Powell on the Utah end of the lake. On a houseboat, ski boat or in your camper on dry land, there are some wild winds that blow for HOURS. Nothing stays tied down.

Chefdenoel10

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
New Jersey